Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 PM

258 posts, read 450,749 times

Advertisements

My automatic thought is they never grew out of their childhood never eating veggies phase.

To each their own but unless someone is allergic or abhors a certain ingredient at a dinner I've hosted I definitely wouldn't cater around them. Vegetables are a food group, and too hard to cook without for me. Every dish I've pretty much ever made has some veggies in it.

Frankly speaking I would never consider dating anyone who told me they don't eat vegetables and i certainly would not allow that kind of behavior from my children whatsoever.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnella View Post
My automatic thought is they never grew out of their childhood never eating veggies phase.

To each their own but unless someone is allergic or abhors a certain ingredient at a dinner I've hosted I definitely wouldn't cater around them. Vegetables are a food group, and too hard to cook without for me. Every dish I've pretty much ever made has some veggies in it.

Frankly speaking I would never consider dating anyone who told me they don't eat vegetables and i certainly would not allow that kind of behavior from my children whatsoever.
I know what you're saying, but I think if you were on a first date with a really cute guy and you clicked on all other levels, and then he mentioned that he hates vegetables... you'd see things a little differently.

I once said I would never marry a tomato hater.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:35 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
mushrooms
asparagus
brussels sprouts
cabbage
beets
cucumbers
zuccini (except in bread)
radishes
cauliflower

I intensely dislike all of these vegetables, although I can handle a few of them in very small doses. And, yes, I was force-fed some of them as a kid, which didn't do a lick o' good. I don't think I like enough veggies to ever succeed as a vegetarian. But, good Lord, I don't envision myself as a second-class citizen for it.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Let's rule out people on those silly diets...

And let's consider people over the age of 18...

Anyone surprisingly I've met a few adults now, mainly men, who state point blank they don't eat vegetables - at all. Except potatoes, of course, and maybe onions or perhaps lettuce in their burger. No surprise most are overweight and will probably suffer health problems. The reason? They don't like the taste. Maybe mamma never forced them to eat their greens.

I think people like that are immature...I'm sure they're pretty rare, I hope they're not more common than I think. I'm not bashing them, but I think it's a pretty immature attitude. I mean come on, most vegetables aren't like HORRIBLE to eat. Like lettuce doesn't have much taste, and tomatoes aren't bad. There's such a wide array of vegetables with different tastes and textures you're bound to find something you can tolerate. Done well veggies can be quite nice too.
I think they are missing out on something that is not only healthy but really tasty. Everyone has some veggies they do not care for, but when people eat none or nearly none, something wasn't right in their childhood.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:49 PM

258 posts, read 450,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I know what you're saying, but I think if you were on a first date with a really cute guy and you clicked on all other levels, and then he mentioned that he hates vegetables... you'd see things a little differently.

I once said I would never marry a tomato hater.

In all seriousness, I would never have a second date. I love veggies and do not like an entire meal of meat or fish. I wouldn't be able to comfortably cook for my husband or family if he hated veggies!

I had an ex who hated almost everything but chicken. Drove me CRAZY. Refusing to eat this or that, or because it was stew or sautéed etc.

I guess if I think about a man not eating veggies... It is more a deal breaker similar to how I would never date a smoker no matter how perfect regardless. I cannot imagine teaching my kids to eat their veggies since its healthy for them when their father does not.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:11 PM

410 posts, read 743,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Not liking or not trying certain kinds of foods does not make someone a moron. I won't eat sushi either, and I've never had it.
I completely agree. My boyfriend does not eat vegetables, and he is one of the smartest people I have ever met. He has spent most of his life riddled with stomach problems. There are certain foods that he simply cannot eat, such as tomatoes, peppers and onions, and there are certain things that he will not eat because he doesn't like either the taste or the texture. He finds other sources for nutrition and is overall very healthy and lean. I hardly think that makes him a moron.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,094 times
To clarify, I told my brother he was a moron because he dismissed a whole nations cuisine on the basis he won't eat raw fish. Not all Japanese food is about raw fish, not even all sushi contains raw fish. dismissing something based on ignorance is pretty stupid IMO.
If I said I don't like mexican food because I don't like the idea of eating tacos, American food because I don't like burgers or Italian food because I don't like rice you'd all quite rightly think I was a moron...

Old 01-31-2012, 02:34 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
To clarify, I told my brother he was a moron because he dismissed a whole nations cuisine on the basis he won't eat raw fish. Not all Japanese food is about raw fish, not even all sushi contains raw fish. dismissing something based on ignorance is pretty stupid IMO.
If I said I don't like mexican food because I don't like the idea of eating tacos, American food because I don't like burgers or Italian food because I don't like rice you'd all quite rightly think I was a moron...
im sure your brother would love some hibachi action. everyone loves that stuff.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:43 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im sure your brother would love some hibachi action. everyone loves that stuff.
or Tonkatsu.... but no he won't try either because he doesn't want to eat raw fish.....

Old 01-31-2012, 02:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Get off your high horse. You can't always force a kid to eat short of "getting a screwdriver and plumber's helper, opening their mouths, shoving it in" (as the father on "A Christmas Story" suggested.) The rule in our house is you finish your dinner or nothing else to eat for the rest of the night, and sometimes they would just rather not eat the rest of the day than eat something they don't like. So be it.

No high horse here (I'm not tall enough to reach to get on it)

I never stated I was "forced" to eat anything I simply stated what my Mother put on the table for supper was it, eat it or don't eat.

So tell me what is the difference between what I stated and what you posted (see above quote, last sentence).

It appears it is the same statement using different words........Would you like a stool to get up on that horse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink