Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:29 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,600,028 times

Advertisements

No phones at the table for us either.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:31 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's hard to expect kids to use appropriate manners, too, when adults aren't modeling them. It's not just teens who should be checking their personal technology at the door when it's family time.
Thank you for saying this.
A lot of people who complain about Kids These Days forget that it is up to the parents to model the correct behavior.

I salute restaurants and other places of business that ask patrons to have their conversations elsewhere.

LOL missik999. Me, too.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
Smart phones or cell phones were not even a glimmer of an idea when I was growing up but if they were my father would have smacked the thing right out of my hand.
I feel meal time is family time. It should be spend discussing the days events or future events. It should always be pleasant and civilized. You can kill the kids after dinner.
I agree, my dad would have taken that phone away from me for a week then smacked me upside the head. As parents if you don't model proper behavior at the dinner table why should your kids? I don't even own a smart phone, I-phone or any other Hi tech phone. My cell phone is 6 years old, works just fine and is used for emergencies or in case my husband or mom need to reach me if I am out and about. My BIL is 44 and he only just got a cell phone last year because he thought cell phones were not a big deal. Guess what?? He's freaking glued to that phone and cannot stop texting or checking his emails.My nieces are 15 and 17 and have had cell phones since they are 13. Beofre cell phones we survived fine, at least I did. Remember when people carried beepers???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink