Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM

548 posts, read 890,992 times

Advertisements

Mom wants me to cook for her and my dad she says I gota learn like it or not. And I don't wanna learn or cook. I don't wanna cook because I am lazy for one ha! And for two I don't wanna cook and then end up ruining the food, burning it, or overcooking it, under cooking, food poisoning, etc.

Does this make me a bad person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
thats why there are restaurants, to do the cooking for ya,,,go buy a big bucket at kfc... (they may never ask again)

its easy to learn the basics,,, start with something easy like a whole chicken....look up videos on youtube...

then find another meal you like, and look up the video or recipe online.. very easy

Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,761,684 times
It doesn't make you a bad person but you said it - lazy - although I don't quite believe that. One of the greatest gifts you can give yourself is cooking - a delicious and healthy meal without all of the additives that you cannot pronounce.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,157,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Mom wants me to cook for her and my dad she says I gota learn like it or not. And I don't wanna learn or cook. I don't wanna cook because I am lazy for one ha! And for two I don't wanna cook and then end up ruining the food, burning it, or overcooking it, under cooking, food poisoning, etc.

Do you live with your parents, or what? Why must you cook for your parents? Why "must" you learn?

If you enjoy eating, you'll enjoy cooking.
If you don't want to try anything new because you are "lazy" or don't want to mess up, then you are not a bad person but that attitude is a problem that won't get you far in life.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 AM

3,605 posts, read 9,057,736 times
If you're too lazy to cook, then don't. If you're forced into it, it will end up tasting horrible since your heart isn't in it. McDonald's isn't going anywhere, you'll always have "food".

Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
There are a lot of simple dishes with just a few ingredients that can be a good starter meal. It sounds like some of it is fear of it tasting bad but I would think starting off by cooking for your parents should make it easier. It is the thought and effort. Could you make a simple brunch to start with?
I am and never have been a fan of cooking but as get older I try to make myself do it with quick recipes which you can find on the internet.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post

You said it........

You cannot learn how to do something if you do not try to learn how to do it. There is not one cook on this planet who has not ruined a dish more than once and it is not an issue. You toss it out and start over, learn from your mistakes, do better next time, move on. Unless of course you are lazy as you said you are.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,174,492 times
Quote:
No, it makes you an ignorant one. And maybe lazy. And it may eventually make you a fat person, if you end up living on fast food for the rest of your (possibly short) life.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:57 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,174,492 times
But, to piggyback off the thread header....

Cooking for Others.

Do the posters here at the Food subforum like to cook for other folks?

For me that is something Ive been doing with my lovers. I like to cook them breakfast. Food + Romance. :-)

Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times
It doesn't make you a bad or ignorant person. It simply makes you a person that doesn't like to cook. Not everyone in the world needs to cook or like to cook. And just because you like to eat doesn't mean you should like to cook. I like paintings but can't paint. I like music but can't play an instrument. Etc. Being there's tons and tons of options both healthy and unhealthy, learning to cook isn't a necessity. If your parents want you to "cook" for them. Pick up a take home and reheat meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink