Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 05:53 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

Nite all-thank heavens turkey is gone-chili tomorrow. Needed and was craving my spinach salad-yes had it with fat free feta.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
thanksgiving leftovers, roast pork, chicken, yams n pineapple n fruit salad. im still greatful.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:07 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Beef stroganof, from my mom's totally inauthentic but delicious recipe, over noodles with leftover green beans on the side. Spouse took the fraternity boy back to La Crosse this afternoon, and I took advantage of having the kitchen to myself to fix something that's part of MY comfort food lexicon. Waiting for the water to come to a boil; about 2 minutes after dumping in the noodles, the sour cream goes into the simmering rich gravy with chunks of beef, mushroom and onion, and then it's supper.

Have a good evening, all.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I second that! Cheesecake would suit me just fine about now!
DH is making the lemon chicken tomorrow. Just got back from our dear friends where we picked some of her rosemary! That will go in the chicken tomorrow. Tonight I took the leftover beef stew out of the freezer and that with some crusty bread will be dinner! Almost done---see y'all tomorrow!!
Your mention of rosemary brought tonight's dinner to mind, I made a sausage/mushroom/pea risotto and having rosemary left over from a previous experiment added a sprig along with bay leaves to the broth used for the risotto, very tasty

Having no feedback from the realtor yet I split the difference between Boone's Farm and Champagne with a fair to middlin' Shiraz.

Now if only I had some cheesecake .................................

Old 11-29-2008, 06:33 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,531 times
I tried to rep ya but I need to spread some love. Simply put YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Beef stroganof, from my mom's totally inauthentic but delicious recipe, over noodles with leftover green beans on the side. Spouse took the fraternity boy back to La Crosse this afternoon, and I took advantage of having the kitchen to myself to fix something that's part of MY comfort food lexicon. Waiting for the water to come to a boil; about 2 minutes after dumping in the noodles, the sour cream goes into the simmering rich gravy with chunks of beef, mushroom and onion, and then it's supper.

Have a good evening, all.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:45 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,531 times
I have the ham bones in a pot at low temp. Added onions and bay leaves. The smell is to die for. I love ham and bean soup. It is in the making. It is going to be a giant pot so I will freeze a good portion. Then offer the rest of the foodies who are with winter weather a hot bowl Heck even the foodies that just want and love it as much as I do are welcome I think I am the more the marrier kind of gal.. Happy Saturday to all! I get to go out and have a nice cold beer with my hub. Think I'll play some kino. Hope I win some extra $$$$$

Lacey and Burdell you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope for a buyer for you both

Last edited by amberbaby27; 11-29-2008 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: cause the has an h ha ha

Old 11-29-2008, 08:16 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
The belly is full and the heart feels good also. Started with BACON!!!!! Can't have a better start than that huh Nomad???? Cut up 4 thick slices of bacon and cooked it in a 5 qt. Magnelite Pot until crisp. Removed bacon and added chuck roast that was simply seasoned w/koser salt and cracked pepper. Brown both sides and removed. Sauted carrot, celery, red onion, garlic in remaining oil until soft. Added 4 c. beef broth and 1/2 c. dry red wine. Bring to a boil and put bacon and beef back in the pot. Bring bake to a boil and cover and put into a 375 oven. I cooked it about 2 hours. The meat just soaks up the juice. Remove meat and set aside. Strain veggies out of the remaining juice. Reduce by half. Oh my gosh it's wonderful.

Well that covers the full belly part but here comes the heart part. My neighbors wife died a week and a half ago. She was only 40. She left a husband and 13 year old girl. I have 3 daughters 27, 23, & 16. My heart goes out to these two. Called them and told them my daughter and I had really wanted a chuck roast but since it was so big and we couldn't eat it all, we wanted to bring it to them tonight. I brought them about 1.5 pd of chuck, red potatoes with garlic, cream and butter, corn and a half loaf of french bread. I hope they enjoyed it as much as my DD did.

As I said, my heart really goes out to these two. Mom was a really great person. Her name was Collen. They do have relatives close so that good. My DD and I will try to help as much as we can.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:24 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Very sweet of you!

Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Very sweet of you!
It just felt good. DD and I are going to make sure that we help these two. My mother died when I was a little over 2. Dad didn't remarry until I was 11. I know how important it is for a girl to have females to talk to at that age.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:20 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,729,295 times
Leg of Lamb was on special the other day so I roasted that, Greek-style. The leg, potatoes, carrots and halved onions were slow-roasted in my Le Creuset French Oven. There was about 2 cups of liquid in the bottom: water, white wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper.

There was a heavenly aroma throughout the house while it cooked. And sighs of content when we ate it!

It's my favourite way to do Leg of Lamb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink