Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,874,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
No clue. DH didn't want to hang around and watch the inaugural, so he went shopping. I think I'll assign him dinner tonight (wish me luck on that!) since I have no car and am out of some of the necessities.
NMS this is when you order pizza! Thought I taught you better.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,880,556 times
Hello hello hello...... just finishing up watching all of the festivities.... oh there is a lot of excitement... NMS I am out of a car as well today and homebound cleaning out all of my closets! I can't sit still so I might as well do something productive!

Diva is bringing home a friend from school on the bus in about 20 min. So, I am trying to get a snack together for them right now... but I really wanted to hop on and say hello to you all....

Tonight... well... something easy after her friend leaves- I have another one of those Organic Pizzas from last week that I think I am going to toss in the oven. They went over well.... then I have to go swing over and pick up my car.... (breaks ...that is gonna hurt).....

So, anyway.... I have to go sweep up and do some last minute stuff before they get off the bus.... I will catch up on what you all are up to later tonight..... hope you all have enjoyed your day. I feel like something exciting is happening right now....... I do hope things change.... everyone is cheering for it on TV.... only time will tell.....

Old 01-20-2009, 01:30 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,010,056 times
Tonight is cheesy meatloaf. I'll be using oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs.

Doctor said I could switch to a cane if I felt comfortable with it. He also said to be extremly careful not to slip and fall on the ice. Another appointment with him in 6 weeks, so no work yet. By the time I return I might have to be trained all over again. I might not remember how to do my job. Still doing PT 2 times a week.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:32 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,874,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Tonight is cheesy meatloaf. I'll be using oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs.

Doctor said I could switch to a cane if I felt comfortable with it. He also said to be extremly careful not to slip and fall on the ice. Another appointment with him in 6 weeks, so no work yet. By the time I return I might have to be trained all over again. I might not remember how to do my job. Still doing PT 2 times a week.
That's great Molochai-just be careful we live in the land of ice and snow!

Old 01-20-2009, 01:35 PM

849 posts, read 1,955,249 times
I have my pork pieces in pressure cooker with pureed chilies and seasoning for carnitas. I will brown that up later in the oven. I also have pinto beans being soaked to go to pressure cooker. Made some salsa and guacamole. I will make some Mexican rice and will have a Mexican feast tonight. My DH has informed me that I make too much stir fried foods. I'm Japanese what does he expect.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:53 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,463,027 times
[quote=[B]HighlandsGal[/b];7082856]
Some of the things I ate over the long weekend:

oysters and oyster shooters

quote]

HG: If you have a recipe for the oyster shooters, I'd love to know what it is! The best oyster shooters I've ever had were in Louisville, Ky!!!! Here I am in oyster land on Cape Cod and yet, I had to be in the midwest to have 'To Die For' oyster shooters!!!

Thanks in advance.....

Nice that you had 4 days with your folks to have fun!!

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 01-20-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 01:59 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,463,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Brings me to dinner tonight.. Few questions for anyone that would like to help..

I also got a box of "seasoning & Coating mix" Or "Shake and bake" question, is on the back of the box under ingredients: it says it has 2% Silicon Dioxide, in it??? Dont know what that is.. But it dont sound very healty??

Next it says on the box, to moisten chops with an egg, then put 2 at a time in the bag and shake.. Makeing sure to discard any mixture remaining in the bag?? Why can't I just put like 5 chops in at once?? And why do I have to discard left over mixture before adding more chops??

One last thing it doesnt say to brown the chops on the stove first before bakeing them.. Is this something I should do?? Or just put them on the bakeing pan right out of the bag..

I never used this shake and bake stuff before so im confused.

Anyone with any good ideas on how I should handle this so everything comes out ok.
You must not have 'real' Shake and Bake, John. The real S&B tells you to rinse the pork in water, shake it off, then dip in the bag of mix. You don't brown them first, your oven is set to 425 degrees, and they take 15-20 minutes depending on their thickness to cook. I don't know what you've got your hands on... but the egg wouldn't hurt to use... nor would milk in lieu of the water or egg.

I actually really like the regular S&B for pork chops and have it on hand for nights when I want a quick meal... chops, pilaf and a frozen veggie... all done and on a plate in 20 minutes!

Good luck! Let us know how it is!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:04 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,734,288 times
All day long I've had visions of tomato soup and cheese sandwiches...Just found the crockpot of beef stew simmering in the kitchen...Don't think I can override that plan...May still get the sandwich though...Have about 12 gallons of fresh tomatoes to make something with..Most likely a giant pot of chili for one..

Old 01-20-2009, 02:07 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,010,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
That's great Molochai-just be careful we live in the land of ice and snow!

Now I just have to go buy a cane lol. Luckily I'm not out and about very much and when I do leave the house, my hubby always dropped me off at the front door and then goes and parks the car. I'm being soooo spoiled.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,068,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Now I just have to go buy a cane lol. Luckily I'm not out and about very much and when I do leave the house, my hubby always dropped me off at the front door and then goes and parks the car. I'm being soooo spoiled.
Careful now, don't go injuring the other one!

Thinking of making salmon tonight and I have been told by my 7 yr old that broccoli with cheese sauce is really nice so maybe some of that too, and a jacket spud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.