Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times

Advertisements

Nothing brought home from Sam's for dinner tonight!!
Soooo.....I am making some cabbage soup and cornbread! (Of course we do have left-over hushpuppies also!)

Old 02-18-2009, 01:24 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I'm leaning more to the soft tacos...Still have some of that giant fresh onion to use...Bacon will keep...

Old 02-18-2009, 01:54 PM

190 posts, read 542,973 times
Hi there fellow foodies! I found a wonderful website. www.e-cookbooks.net They have limitless recipes and also have Insider Recipes which has popular dishes from your favorite places such as Outback or Applebees. I did the blooming onion and was really impressed!

Monica

Old 02-18-2009, 01:54 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Well since it is the legs with the thighs attached it would be two pieces. This would be ok even with the bones in it?? Or would this particular recipe be better with the chicken breasts?? There are bones in the breast too but they are skinless!!

The recipe someone recently posted (my apologies for forgetting who) for lemon-feta chicken seems perfectly adaptable to any chicken parts.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:20 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Besides forgetting to take the list to the store, I forgot the acorn squash...gray hair is getting to me.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:27 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Cyn.....last night I baked chicken leg quarters....the big thigh and drumstick portion....I just used salt and pepper on them .... put some whole garlic cloves under them to roast with the chix, and baked them.....(they did take longer than I expected--well over an hour!) We had baked sweet potato and green beans with them.....simple roasted chicken......they would have been good with some stuffing (they gave out a lot of chicken fat.....so I dont think stuffing in the same pan)....my DP who likes his meals less fussy and more "straight up" and who likes dark meat much more than white meat...really enjoyed them. (Its a good thing because I bought 15 pounds of them...)
Sounds good, Elston. Did you convection it or just bake it???

Somebody asked (I think it was Cyn) if the skin would get crispy this way. Mine does, and I don't do anything special to it other than use either Lowry's seasoned salt or onion and garlic powders, paprika and S&P. Ya cook it long enuff, it gets crispy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Besides forgetting to take the list to the store, I forgot the acorn squash...gray hair is getting to me.
Nomad, I keep telling people that white stuff on top of your head sucks all your brains out. See??? I was right!!!

Speaking of germs... I went and got my hair cut today and one of the young ladies who was there cutting hair had a nasty cold. She kept coughing all over the place and never covered her mouth. I was glad she didn't get me, but I'm sure all those nasty germs were all over the place. She looked pregnant, too. I rather felt bad for her, being sick and pregnant at the same time.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:45 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
YLisa we must have been posting at the same time on those shopping carts. I was also thinking of Mike and you when I was posting about my solid blob of BBQ thinking how easy you both would make it appear to be divided.
I have a saws all(reciprocating saw) that I know will work. Thaw it out in some cold water or the microwave on defrost.

Quote:
so that is why the Publix stores put them out with the carts...to wipe the baby blibber off...Now I know...
Yup, we even have those wipes at my rural stores and I use them.

HL- Let us know how that chx turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
DP just asked, "What are you cooking that smells so good!"
I love that reaction!!!
See that's when you know you are loved and appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Nothing brought home from Sam's for dinner tonight!!
Soooo.....I am making some cabbage soup and cornbread! (Of course we do have left-over hushpuppies also!)
Sounds good Kat. How did they resist those rotisserie Chickens from Sam's? I never leave without one. Hey has anyone tried their Rotisserie Ribs?

Monica- Thank you for the link.

Quote:
That's why I cover mine, lol. At least I look good while I forget things.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:02 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
All this chicken talk today has prompted me to make chicken pot pies ad I threw into my bread machine cheese/herb bread. Smells good. I am not a bread lover but I sure love the smell of it.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:04 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
All this chicken talk today has prompted me to make chicken pot pies ad I threw into my bread machine cheese/herb bread. Smells good. I am not a bread lover but I sure love the smell of it.
That sounds so good. I wish I wasn't a bread lover. I love all kinds especially hot and fresh baked. It's like heaven.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Just me clucking in-well decisions are over. Mr. L will have the chicken orzo soup and I took a small container of chicken cacciatore out of the freezer for me. Now my feathers won't be ruffled!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink