Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 05:54 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,729,295 times

Advertisements

LaceyEx - I'm so sorry to hear about your DH suffering so. I heard mention of Crohns? That's something the doctor is thinking my hubby might have as he's had mysterious low iron for the past year or so, and a few of the other symptoms once in a while. And here I am, loving spicy foods but he can't handle it too well. Sometimes he can, like the other night with the spicy shrimp. He was fine then. But other times he has spicy food, he suffers afterward, and he never used to. Hope your DH gets the treatment he needs.

skbs - I got a little baby laptop for Christmas - an Acer Aspire One. It'll be much handier to take on our travels, than the big laptop with its 17" screen, that seems to weigh a ton. Hmmm, spinach gives you kidney stones?!! Oh no, been feeding hubby lots of that, to try to counter the low iron, but kidney stones runs in his family !! Geez, what am I doing to the poor man?

Tonight for dinner ... going to a housewarming in the late afternoon where there'll be lots of nibblies. They're always fattening as can be, but once in a while is okay

Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
I know how all of you feel about not being able to get the foods we are used to. Ravioli being seasonal is too funny.

VCT84- Ah yes I miss Zeppoli's. They are very easy to make but I'm afraid if I make them I will never stop. Just take round pieces of pizza dough and fry them in oil. Put them in a paper lunch bag and shake them up with powdered sugar. Oh yum.

Lacey- No Ricotta. That would never do for any Italian. I am so sorry to hear about Mr. L but I am very happy you have some in your family willing to come and help.

Kats- I haven't been to a Panera Bread either. Try this link to see if one is close to you.

Panera Bread › Find a Bakery-Cafe

skbs- Glad you are getting around. Here is a link of foods to eat and foods to avoid. Take care of yourself.

kidney stones:What food are appropriate and perhaps helpful to eat, what food should you avoid

kelsie- When you said you used the green bags for cheese, was the cheese opened? How do you prep for storage?

Well my mystery dinner was chicken with tomatoes, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. It was very good and filling. Maybe I should search for more "mystery" foods.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:03 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Lisa I have the same notebook! In white! I am in love with it.... just big enough....it will be great to tug along to dance class or karate... AND thank you for that link... now I can add my fav green peppers I am always adding them to my salads as well.... dag nabit! LOL.... Just gotta laugh... to think of all the food I eat and what I could have been doing to myself....it is kinda funny... I don't eat chocolate or nitrates... no red meat... low fat cooking.... but let me load up on beets, spinach and green peppers! LOL....hahahah give myself a kidney stone.... HAHAHA kinda funny.... don't ya think?

Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
SKBS-you can have the beets but I eat raw spinach twice a day-oh yuk now.

Just spoke to Mr. L and he feels much better with the intavenous,etc. He told me we're going to be fine-that's him!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:10 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
SKBS-you can have the beets but I eat raw spinach twice a day-oh yuk now.

Just spoke to Mr. L and he feels much better with the intavenous,etc. He told me we're going to be fine-that's him!
So glad to hear he is feeling better Lacey.... a good rest and the right care will do him well..... we'll keep the prayers comin'

Old 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
To all how do I thank you-you mean so much and have gotten me thru this day-thank you seems small.

Hugs all.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:18 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Hello Foodies! Has anyone ever made finger sandwiches with an herbed cream cheese? I was thinking out of the box and was not sure if that sounded good.... Ham and turkey as meats...
We used to make some - may sound a little strange, but always got good reviews from those who tried them. It consisted of cream cheese and tuna and some other ingredients. They were actually very good.

Lacey - I am so glad to hear DH is feeling better! That is wonderful news!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:34 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,531 times
Nothing sounds strange to me Not when my dad said peanut butter, mayo and lettuce was a normal sandwich ha ha ha. I have the pasta cooked and the veggies all sliced for the pasta salad. I am not going to combine everything till tomorrow. Otherwise the pasta will suck up all the dressing and the salad will be dry. I learnd that the hard way a while back. I have this great bread I get from an armenian bakery. It is quite flat and long. I don't know how to say the name in english cause all the sighns are written in armenian. I just point and they smile Anyhoo this is what I am going to make the finger sanwiches with. Fresh sliced boars head turkey and ham. I combined cream ceese, basil, scallions, italian parseley, S&P and a little garlic salt. This will be the spread for the sandwiches.
All this is for my Hub and his family. His cousin passed away yesterday in his sleep. 36 years old. They are all getting together. I waned to make sure there was food.... I am staying home with the little one..

Old 02-21-2009, 09:43 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
I'm sure we have an armenian bakery in Tampa..Maybe on Armenia street? Need to investigate when I go there with my mom to the doc...She already has put in for a side stop at the Cuban bakery...Not sure I want this trip...May have to. We have the pork leg roast marinating to cook tomorrow...need to open a few windows...smells like garlicville in here...little on the strong side...

Old 02-21-2009, 10:24 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
amber your spread sounds yummy. My condolences on your DH's cousin's passing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink