Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
EM, tell me about it, please? I never use kraut - didn't know I even liked it until I tried it on a Rueben not too many years ago!

!
HI Kats........It is easy. I just dumped the can of kraut into a roasting pan then topped it with he chops. Seasoned with pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 375. Had to add water from time to time to keep the kraut from burning and sticking. Guess you can use pam too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Morning Lacey and all foodies that will come today!

Boy we had some mighty fierce winds with one tornado hitting northeast of us last night. Have to see when it gets light out if we have any limbs down we had 40mph winds.

I believe tonight we are going to have lasagna I better go check my cheese supplies.
Wow.......I didn't hear nothing about it. Where do you live jaxson?
Lasanga sounds yummy

Tonight we will have left over from yesterday.
I plan to make stuffed peppers tomorrow and will prepare them today to go in the crock pot in the morning.
Also, going to make a pot of my famous veggie soup. Be good on my WW program.

Bona petite

Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Oh my Jaxson I hope all is well. That is scary!
Our steaks were such a disappointment last night. They were really fatty and thin. You couldn't tell in the package. Sigh.......and I was so hungry for a good steak. Oh well the cats and dog had some nice treats!
I really think tonight we are having pasta. I bought some different kinds of pasta the other day just to see how it tastes with pesto on it. I got a new kind of pesto with cashews in it---sounded interesting. We'll have crusty garlic toast and a green salad along with our pasta dinner!
Looks like today and tomorrow are the last warm days for right now here so I think I'll join Kelsie and finish washing my windows that I started 2 weeks ago and hopefully shampoo my carpets----they are in real need with this lovely NC red soil and my cats!! Yikes!!
Lacey my fingers are crossed and I'll say an extra prayer for Mr. L today---keep up up to date!!
MBW, sorry you are still having such cold weather there. All I can say is when spring finally does come for all of you there you will "really" appreciate it!
Only a couple more days until Amber gets to NC but I won't get to see her until the weekend as she and her brother have a ton of things planned. My grandaughter, my sons daughter, is having her 6th birthday party this weekend. My DH's son is having a get-together for the whole family at his home so that is when I will get to see Amber. Then, after the weekend she will be coming up to our place to visit. I am so excited.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Oh Cyn-so happy for you and Amber!!!! If everything goes okay today we'll be with our kids this weekend also.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
It will be a happy, busy, festive weekend for us both for sure!!

Old 03-09-2009, 06:49 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Wow.......I didn't hear nothing about it. Where do you live jaxson? Lasanga sounds yummy
Central Indiana. Now they are checking the southern part of the state to see if they had tornados or straight line winds. We are all safe in my area other than standing waters.

cyn I know you both will enjoy any time you get while Amber is out there with ya.

Lacey we are still just going to believe everything will be a go today!

Can ya all believe Barbie is 50 today? I still have my Barbie minus the head but the old case in tact. Don't know what happened to her head while my mother still had custody of her.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Glad you are okay Jax. Just saw on weather channel we're under blizzard watch Tues thru Weds! Possible 10".

Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Today's food:

cabbage leaves stuffed with ground meat in sour cream sauce along with potatoes.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Something with our left-over grilled meat (yum).

Depending on how I feel tonight either chopped steak tacos or sliced grilled chicken on toast with mayo.

Salad or steamed broccoli on the side.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Something with our left-over grilled meat (yum).

Depending on how I feel tonight either chopped steak tacos or sliced grilled chicken on toast with mayo.

Salad or steamed broccoli on the side.
Can't wait to use the grill again. It's way too wet and chilly yet . May spring be warm so we can use the grill and have lots of bbqs with friends!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Do you guys use charcoal grill or gas grill? I havent gotten used to the gas grill and am afraid of it...but also dont know how to keep it clean.....the grease dripping on to the gas jets etc. Maybe this isnt the best place to ask for details....could go off topic....but do you grill on gas or charcoal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink