Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 10:36 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Girls don't like oxtail soup, liverwurst, or limburger cheese. Guys don't like tofu.
I've actually sent my husband out for liverwurst...great stuff, though caloric. I've never had oxtail souo, but would probably like it, and limburger cheese is okay, but there are other strong cheeses I prefer. Tofu is kind of generic, to us. If we go meatless, we just ramp up the vegetables and bean content, versus add in bland soy filler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:17 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
I like all kinds of foods ,but as much as I love chocolate and salt I govern those to a minimum..good common sense.
Chicken and steak ,snake and squrrel ,venisen, moose elk ,most all known vegetables and fruits.
I'm a regular garbage disposal.
My son is a prep cook and my daughter a baker.
Though we have critical taste , and tend to be creative we enjoy every thing.
I would prefer left overs to a bowl of ice-cream though both are good tasting the ice-cream is not as healthy.
Celery and peanut butter or sometimes just the peanut butter .
Sardines are good too .
I honestly don't think that genders are partial to a food so much as people that are food conscious care about why they eat.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:08 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
having worked in butcher shops, men do buy differently than woman..

men will buy more steaks, ribs, and burger and wings, men will buy more marbled steaks-and men will eat just the steak or burger no breads, no salads...

women buy more leaner meats,,,she feels better buying it, and is aware of serving sizes,

also, women wont eat with their hands in the company of others, such as ribs or wings- guys will eat like dogs,,
although alcohol, changes this,,,after a few drinks , women will eat with their hands..

its funny, you get a bunch of guys together-away from the wives,,,say at a hunting camp- many of the guys will want steak, because they dont get much at home...
(yes, im generalizing, and im sure there are exceptions, particularly here)

i have many family members and friends (men) that will find a reason to visit on the weekend (to borrow something) just to come over and eat a burger, steak, or wings,,,
their wives, no longer "allow" them to eat this, yes they have been neutered , all in the light of healthy eating

Old 02-18-2014, 08:47 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Steak:

Girl - Filet Mignon

Guy - Porterhouse or T-Bone

Old 02-18-2014, 09:57 PM

No way. Filet mignon is practically flavorless. Ribeye, please.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:17 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,601,876 times
Without getting into individual foods, I've noticed women tend to go more for fluffy/bread/noodle/sweet foods, while men go more for the meaty/spicy/salty stuff.

Like, when it comes to their go-to "unhealthy food", me and the other guys I know would probably go for a burger and fries, while the ladies get some cake or ice cream.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:37 AM

912 posts, read 1,525,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Steak:

Girl - Filet Mignon

Guy - Porterhouse or T-Bone
Ha! The last time my husband and I went to a really nice steak dinner, he ordered their house special filet mignon and I ordered a giant ribeye. Both were delicious, but my ribeye won, easily.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Without getting into individual foods, I've noticed women tend to go more for fluffy/bread/noodle/sweet foods, while men go more for the meaty/spicy/salty stuff.

Like, when it comes to their go-to "unhealthy food", me and the other guys I know would probably go for a burger and fries, while the ladies get some cake or ice cream.
Funny as I would think guys have a bigger sweet tooth than women. Like my dad or husband loves their sweets where I want a bag of chips!

Old 02-19-2014, 09:49 AM

17 posts, read 41,351 times
Oh Slim Jim's a pleasure...

Old 02-19-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Funny as I would think guys have a bigger sweet tooth than women. Like my dad or husband loves their sweets where I want a bag of chips!
My husband's sweet tooth easily dwarfs mine. I could go a lifetime without buying candy or chocolates, don't like cake, HAAAAAATE frosting, etc. Salty, spicy, crunchy, savory things are my snacks of choice.

My husband's evening snack? A pudding cup, or bowl of ice cream. Mine? Popcorn, cheese and crackers, egg salad on crackers, peanut butter sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink