Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,078,593 times

Advertisements

I hope McDonald's apologizes to you for trying to make a profit.

If minimum wage was increased to $15 an hour like some crazies wanted it to a couple months ago, there wouldn't even be a $5 menu!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 PM

652 posts, read 1,652,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
McDonalds food is ment to lower your IQ.
meant. Ironic.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:04 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Personally, I wish they would stop their practice of giving out the extra mongo size drink when I ask for Medium. They always say, but its the same price. Well, unfortunately, my cupholder stays the same size regardless of price and it cannot accommodate a two liter bottle size drink cup.

That and the fact that they get my unsweet tea wrong and give me sweet about one third of the time. SO, then, I am stuck with a huge drink full of sugar when I was trying to be good.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I hope McDonald's apologizes to you for trying to make a profit.
I hope so too, we shall see. they may have to apologize to everyone who goes elsewhere to try to get them back.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm guessing the same people who will pay a dollar for a small-ish sandwich will pay a buck nineteen for one, too, largely.
Most will at least the first time they get charged more, but they may not be back, hopefully they will realize they can pay $1.49 for a better and bigger double cheeseburger somewhere else.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:40 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Why don't folks get this irate about things that REALLY impact their lives? Like...

Old 11-12-2013, 01:46 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times
Burger King does once again have double cheeseburgers on their dollar menu. They had taken it off but added it back...even in south Florida, where I live.
McDonald's made their change on November 4th.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
McDonalds food is ment to lower your IQ.
Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida
Most will at least the first time they get charged more, but they may not be back, hopefully they will realize they can pay $1.49 for a better and bigger double cheeseburger somewhere else.
Seriously, people do not go to McDonald's for the amazing culinary quality, they go because it's quick and cheap, and most people looking for quick and cheap are not going to take a stand when it remains quick and relatively cheap. McDonald's knows this. Companies that big and successful don't change things without exhaustive market research, and I'm guessing they've studied it and concluded that people still see a $1.19 sandwich as a deal and will, by and large, pay it.

Say I'm the Average Customer. Yeah, I might get a bigger, better double cheeseburger somewhere else, but when I'm sitting in the drive through line and need to be back at work in twenty minutes, no, if I'm the average consumer, I'm not likely to be indignant enough to back out and go elsewhere. And it's not gonna prey on my mind so much that I'll really think about it the next time I go to McDonald's to get a double cheeseburger, either, I'll just cough up the buck nineteen, and think to myself, "Huh, these used to be 99 cents...oh, well, prices rise," and then eat my dollar and nineteen cent burger. I'm sure the restaurant is assuming this will be most people.

I sincerely doubt that enough people are going to take an irate stand against the injustices of the used to be dollar/now value menu to make a dent in profits. Call me cynical.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:26 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I sincerely doubt that enough people are going to take an irate stand against the injustices of the used to be dollar/now value menu to make a dent in profits. Call me cynical.
Yep. Taco Bell wasn't swayed that time when someone went nuts over a price hike. Taco Bell fan rages after price of burrito rises; shoots at cops and triggers 3 1/2 hour standoff - NY Daily News

Old 11-12-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Burger King does once again have double cheeseburgers on their dollar menu. They had taken it off but added it back...even in south Florida, where I live.
McDonald's made their change on November 4th.
Awesome, I'll have to look into it. And I'm sure they make a profit from them and they have more beef in them.

McDonalds just made a lot of stupid decisions with those dumb 1/3 pound burger than no one bought, plus other stupid new menu items that failed. They even had a new burger that I tried to use a coupon for and it was off the menu before the coupon expired that month. Pitiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink