Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 03:51 PM

917 posts, read 1,387,527 times

Advertisements

Whenever I bake, I usually eat more of the leftover batter than the actual cake .. I LOVE cake batter.. Horrible I know…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 03:59 PM

352 posts, read 325,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
Whenever I bake, I usually eat more of the leftover batter than the actual cake .. I LOVE cake batter.. Horrible I know…
I learned how to make cookies from scratch while I was still in Middle School because I wanted to eat cookie dough. I would actually make an entire batch of dough just to eat it and not even bake for cookies. I believe I've developed an immunity to Salmonella as a result

Old 10-14-2014, 04:43 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,618,327 times
The whole grease thing is grossing me out but I can get behind the chocolate chip cookie dough. I've heard it isn't dangerous to eat the pre-made cookie dough from the dairy case because it uses powdered eggs.

Carbs are my weakness, and chocolate. Unfortunately I love milk chocolate, not that good-for-you dark chocolate. Unless it's those Ghiradelli dark squares with Mint, or Andes dark chocolate mints...never mind, I just like chocolate. Always have.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:49 PM

917 posts, read 1,387,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
I learned how to make cookies from scratch while I was still in Middle School because I wanted to eat cookie dough. I would actually make an entire batch of dough just to eat it and not even bake for cookies. I believe I've developed an immunity to Salmonella as a result
I knew I couldnt be the only one who did this!!! Lol sometimes I buy the rolls of cookie dough (the pillsbury type) and I dont even bake them but I eat them lol

Old 10-14-2014, 05:08 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,003,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
I knew I couldnt be the only one who did this!!! Lol sometimes I buy the rolls of cookie dough (the pillsbury type) and I dont even bake them but I eat them lol
Works for me!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,097,042 times
When is someone going to get around to listing a bad eating habit? Everything that everyone wrote sounds perfectly good and delicious.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:58 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,299,413 times
on my birthday, my mother buys me a Pepperidge farm coconut layer cake, we live 6 miles apart, for 5 yrs in a row, i devoured that cake on the way home in the car, and threw out the box before i got home in a rest area, so i would hear any crap about it...those things are good!!

other food indulgence?? i hold the family record for eating 14 lobsters in one sitting without getting sick

ice cream- i love ice cream!! i use to eat a blizzard a day years ago when younger. (in the summer)

my other eating indulgence is steak- i love steak, when i was a bachelor in my 20,s that's all id eat, buy a steak, have it for dinner just about every night
id go to a family gathering (bring my own rib eye) and that's all id eat- it would drive my mother nuts, she always tried to slide other stuff on my plate

being in my 40's im trying to eat a little more healthy- so i avoid the foods i will indulge in- or try to
i avoid Chinese food buffets (i could easily have 4 plates) i drink water all day long, this quiets the urges

my indulgence now is coffee, and that's better than many others foods!!

Old 10-15-2014, 03:48 AM

10,027 posts, read 8,686,007 times
I like to chew on pork chop bones but I have a tendency to growl at people when they get too close.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:01 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,740,956 times
Living in San Antonio, one can't drive too far before coming across a Tex-Mex restaurant. On my days off, I indulge in Tex-Mex decadence ( barbacoa, menudo, carnitas etc...).

Old 10-15-2014, 09:09 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,214,393 times
I used to do the following:

-eat a whole tub of vanilla frosting
-eat raw cookie dough
-drink copious amounts of mountain dew
-blast through a 2 liter bottle of soda in one night while drunking rum & cokes
-drink 30 beers in one day
-drink a bottle of maple syrup
-eat a whole entenmann's chocolate cake in one sitting(I still do that occasionally)
-I love ice cream and still eat it 3-4 days a week
-can't seem to get enough of chocolate in general

I have dropped most of these habits, with the exception of the occasional ice cream or chocolate indulgence. its a good thing I had the sense to drop most of these idiotic eating habits before I died of a heart attack at 28. I don't drink soda anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink