Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 09:53 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times

Advertisements

I like a cookie in the morning. Pretty tame compared to some of the others. I'll have to start incorporating more sinful eating habits...Maybe I'll have that 2nd cookie in the afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 10:16 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Mainly the eating a tiny bit of raw cookie dough one if someone is making cookies and hasn't started to bake them, and occasionally eating as much as 2/3rds to 3/4ths of an ice cream pint in one setting. I recall a few occasional times in the past years ago, when I did eat down a whole pint of ice cream in one session. Least as of late, I haven't been as bad on this issue, and limited my eating of pints of ice cream in one setting to just 40-50% of it. I'm also trying to cut back on the frequency I eat ice cream, and while I'm starting to slowly succeed on this, achieving this goal hasn't been easy.

I also once drank soda a darn lot, but largely stopped drinking it to the frequency I used to about 10-12 years ago. Oddly enough, it's the lone New Year's Resolution I ever was successful on keeping, back when I gave a crap about making one or 2 up right after Christmas each year. I'll still very rarely drink soda, but I confine it to only drinking it at movie theaters, occasionally at fast food restaurants, and once in a rare while at my own home/friend's houses/etc. I know I'm doing good on keeping this resolution all these years later, when I occasionally dine at regular sit down restaurants, and don't feel tempted whatsoever to order a soda when I notice others doing so.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:27 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
I used to do the following:

-eat a whole tub of vanilla frosting
-eat raw cookie dough
-drink copious amounts of mountain dew
-blast through a 2 liter bottle of soda in one night while drunking rum & cokes
-drink 30 beers in one day
-drink a bottle of maple syrup
-eat a whole entenmann's chocolate cake in one sitting(I still do that occasionally)
-I love ice cream and still eat it 3-4 days a week
-can't seem to get enough of chocolate in general

I have dropped most of these habits, with the exception of the occasional ice cream or chocolate indulgence. its a good thing I had the sense to drop most of these idiotic eating habits before I died of a heart attack at 28. I don't drink soda anymore.
Uh huh. Tell us about it.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:06 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
On occasion I will eat a whole box of wheat thins. Maybe twice a year. I have many years ago eaten a whole pint of ice cream.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:17 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Poor Man's Welsh Rabbit.........croutons smothered in melted Cheddar or white cheese. Especially good when consumed with a white wine, reminds one of cheese fondue.

The thing is, really haven't had any since I tossed out my microwave, stopped doing microwave cooking.

Doing that has really changed everything. My consumption of block cheese has dropped! Can't remember the last time I took a slice of it. I tend not to drink white wine but just cook with it.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:28 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
I don't eat meat, but know I overindulge in cheese. I don't care, either.

One of my favorite bad-for-you things was a "stupid sandwich" (according to our kids lol) that I'd make for myself (I'd never serve this thing to anyone). I'd sauté sliced green peppers in oil until "crunchy-tender," top with sliced muenster cheese, then cover and remove from the heat. When the cheese melted, I'd spoon the mess in a seeded bun (or two). Yum!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:06 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I don't eat meat, but know I overindulge in cheese. I don't care, either.

One of my favorite bad-for-you things was a "stupid sandwich" (according to our kids lol) that I'd make for myself (I'd never serve this thing to anyone). I'd sauté sliced green peppers in oil until "crunchy-tender," top with sliced muenster cheese, then cover and remove from the heat. When the cheese melted, I'd spoon the mess in a seeded bun (or two). Yum!
I love cheese, too. I've been "snacking" (yes, let's call it "snacking") on Cambozola. I think that I'm high on it -- the blue veining might be meth. *shrug*

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this quote/reply. The point: That sandwich actually sounds delicious. I just might have to give that a try. Soon.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:17 AM

86 posts, read 98,266 times
All my eating habits are bad and I love every one of them.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:36 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
I used to do the following:

-eat a whole tub of vanilla frosting
-eat raw cookie dough
-drink copious amounts of mountain dew
-blast through a 2 liter bottle of soda in one night while drunking rum & cokes
-drink 30 beers in one day
-drink a bottle of maple syrup
-eat a whole entenmann's chocolate cake in one sitting(I still do that occasionally)
-I love ice cream and still eat it 3-4 days a week
-can't seem to get enough of chocolate in general

I have dropped most of these habits, with the exception of the occasional ice cream or chocolate indulgence. its a good thing I had the sense to drop most of these idiotic eating habits before I died of a heart attack at 28. I don't drink soda anymore.
At least you changed your ways.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
I routinely consume whole pies in 24 hour periods. I love pie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink