Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Another one is the turkey grease at the bottom of the pot after it's been cooking all day. That stuff is liquid gold. I used to eat just that in a bowl with a spoon, but now I help myself to a tablespoon at Thanksgiving. No idea why people throw this goodness down the drain and go for the jarred gravy.

A lot of you are sweet tooths here I'm not a sweet tooth, but if I have a bowl of Cool Whip, I will just dip my finger in it all day until its gone. I might throw in some strawberry sauce if I have some left over from making strawberry shortcake and eat it by the spoonful. The Cool Whip is good frozen too, and I just tear off chunks here and there. In my mind, if you eat a little of the bad stuff throughout the day, it doesn't really count. This is why I don't make strawberry shortcake too often.
and the one we loved growing up was the a piece of bread soaked in the juice from the roast we would have on Sundays. As for jarred gravy, I don't think I have even used it. I have, on very rare occasions used the crap in the envelope for say, biscuits and gravy for breakfast or just as a seasoning, but give me the real stuff. My dad would turn over in his grave if he saw my open a jar or can of gravy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 10:34 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
I love anything sweet for breakfast. Brownies, candy bars, cup cakes, Tootsie Rolls. The list is endless.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:28 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,934,817 times
Beer is always my "bad indulge"... mainly on weekends though.

Occasionally I like to be "bad" and go to town on a Chinese buffet, LOL.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:30 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,918 times
Two words: Mountain Dew.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:25 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,769,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I like to chew on pork chop bones but I have a tendency to growl at people when they get too close.
LMFAO

sins of the past:

sugar
grain
fake butter
soy
vegan fake meat

ditched it all four years ago and lost fifty pounds

joys of the present

meat
fish
Dreamfield's pasta
nuts
more meat

Old 10-15-2014, 01:28 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,985 times
This thread is giving me a foodgasm. While I eat brown rice all day at least I can fantasize about cookie dough, brownies, cake batter, and ice cream

Old 10-15-2014, 01:29 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
I used to buy those one-pint size Häagen-Dazs ice creams--planning to have it last for at least 3 or 4 servings. (Ben & Jerry's would do, too....) But every time I had one in my hot little hands, I would eat the whole thing in one sitting. I have probably done that at least 5 times in my life. And, I felt quite gluttonous for doing so..... But it was soooooo good going down!
Ohhhhh, me too!! Gimme a pint of Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio and a spoon while watching a movie all cozied up on the sofa and POOF, that pint is GONE. My excuse was "I didn't feel like going back upstairs to put the container back in the freezer" LOL

Old 10-15-2014, 02:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Probably my biggest downfall these days is using a lot of full fat, heavy cream in my coffee. Which wouldn't be such a big deal, except that I drink a LOT of coffee, and consequently, drink a LOT of heavy cream.

My true downfall are deliciously greasy, salty chips. I don't buy them and keep them around the house, so if I really want some, I have to go to extra effort to get them, which typically keeps that indulgence in check.

But I have virtually no sweet tooth. I don't care about baked goods, and ice cream doesn't tempt me. It's all about the oil, salt, carbs, mostly.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:15 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
I used to do the following:

-eat a whole tub of vanilla frosting
-eat raw cookie dough
-drink copious amounts of mountain dew
-blast through a 2 liter bottle of soda in one night while drunking rum & cokes
-drink 30 beers in one day
-drink a bottle of maple syrup
-eat a whole entenmann's chocolate cake in one sitting(I still do that occasionally)
-I love ice cream and still eat it 3-4 days a week
-can't seem to get enough of chocolate in general

I have dropped most of these habits, with the exception of the occasional ice cream or chocolate indulgence. its a good thing I had the sense to drop most of these idiotic eating habits before I died of a heart attack at 28. I don't drink soda anymore.
Guilty of the vanilla frosting. If I make cupcakes or bake a cake there's always a tub left over, and I end up dipping my finger in it every couple hours and then get so sick of it I throw it out. It has to be the cream cheese vanilla frosting, though.

I'm on board with the raw cookie dough being better than the actual cookie, but I am afraid of the E. coli so I don't indulge for that reason anymore.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:56 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,238,868 times
My Spaghetti sauce,,breakfast..lunch...dinner...till gone..(or freeze some)

TACOS...can't eat just one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink