Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 05:25 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,797,863 times

Advertisements

Just had the same issue. I looked at the bonabitad, but ended up with the Coffee Ninja and absolutely love it! Very versatile in types and sizes of brew. And I do love the built in frother. Quite a step up from my Hamilton Beach. But I really enjoy my morning coffee and YOLO so I splurged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 07:15 PM

520 posts, read 3,920,009 times
Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions.

I ended up going with the Cuisinart 3200.

Thanks again.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:41 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
A fancy gadget doesn't really matter -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ83kt4a2-A

Old 05-20-2017, 08:11 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
My coffee maker finally went kaput and now I'm in the hunt for a new coffee maker.
I didn't have anything fancy, had a Mr. Coffee and I was good.

I'm looking but many have mixed reviews.
There is no brand in particular I'm looking at, just give a good maker and I'm set.
At least 12 cups and I think I want a self cleaning one... that's what I've had so that's
what I'm used to.

A quick search I've found the following:

Cuisinart 3200

Mr. Coffee BVMC

BUNN

I think I like the BUNN I'm reading that you need BUNN filters as the store filters aren't tall enough?

Anyway, for you that know more, what's your coffee maker?
Is there another one I should look into?

Thanks!
What's my coffee maker?

A camping perk pot! Made for the campfire but works pretty well on the stove top, too.......and I don't worry about filters, either.

I got out of the counter top coffee makers for a variety of reasons including taking up space, having about a year's life, the vinegar cleaning issue, the waste factor on how if the unit goes got, that's a lot of plastic into the dumpster, bugs like to make their homes in them, etc..

But to each their own!

Old 05-20-2017, 08:24 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,062,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
We just use a french press. It suits our needs & becasue we boil the water, it is hot.
That makes the absolute best cup of joe , bar none.!

But its messy and Mr Coffee is easier.
I get around the lower temps of my Mr Coffee by microwaving the milk, about 1/4 cup of milk.
AT work (restaurant) we have the machines so I drink au lait rocket fuel,
but at home its dunkin donut regular blend.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:29 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,446,284 times
My coffee maker used to be my spouse. But even he quit being so hot after awhile

Seriously I have invested in el cheapos ( Black/decker) to Kureg and Cuisanart....All have done exceptionally well til about the 6 month mark. Then Bam! The water is barely tipid when dispensing thru the filter....
ANd yes I follow the guidelines of cleansing properly so no mineral build up occurs....

I dearly loved the old fashion percolator style ones, yet according to the coffee snobs, They are not well liked .

Old 05-20-2017, 08:36 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
That makes the absolute best cup of joe , bar none.!
But its messy and (the automatic drip) is easier.
The basic upshot of the charcoal bbq vs propane grill question.

It also points out the OP asked about choosing a coffee maker
and NOT about the best way to make coffee.

Last edited by MrRational; 05-20-2017 at 08:44 PM..

Old 05-20-2017, 08:39 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,068,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What's my coffee maker?

A camping perk pot! Made for the campfire but works pretty well on the stove top, too.......and I don't worry about filters, either.

I got out of the counter top coffee makers for a variety of reasons including taking up space, having about a year's life, the vinegar cleaning issue, the waste factor on how if the unit goes got, that's a lot of plastic into the dumpster, bugs like to make their homes in them, etc..

But to each their own!
Camping perc pot makes fantastic coffee. I frequently pull ours out of the camping gear to use our our kitchen stove.

Daily go-to is an insulated French Press carafe and an electric kettle. Great flavor and stays hot for a couple of hours.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:12 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,573,964 times
I'll never waste money on an expensive one again. They stop working just as soon as the more affordable ones, and the coffee isn't any better.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:44 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,731,192 times
Buy a Keurig! It's the best coffee maker I've ever had! After 30% off and Kohl's cash I got mine cheap. Here is a small model, but of course they have the bigger ones!

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-26...jsp?color=True Blue&prdPV=5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink