Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,067,221 times

Advertisements

I need recipes to use the pulp in. I can't stand the thought of just throwing it in the compost pile. I have been juicing blueberries, carrots, apple, and orange together so I'm thinking muffin or bread recipes would be best. I'm thinking about juicing my carrots first and keeping the pulp seperate from the rest then I could use it in casseroles and soups and stuff. I'm going to experiment today I'll let you know how it turns out. So any ideas for use or any tried and true recipes would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 08:18 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,043 times
I know a lot of people love their juicers, but for some reason, I can not mentally handle the idea of drinking my vegetables. It weirds me out.

Can you put a banana in a juicer? I bet you can put pineapple and mango in there and apples. That sounds yummy.

+++

Old 01-03-2008, 03:10 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,369,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
I need recipes to use the pulp in. I can't stand the thought of just throwing it in the compost pile. I have been juicing blueberries, carrots, apple, and orange together so I'm thinking muffin or bread recipes would be best. I'm thinking about juicing my carrots first and keeping the pulp seperate from the rest then I could use it in casseroles and soups and stuff. I'm going to experiment today I'll let you know how it turns out. So any ideas for use or any tried and true recipes would be greatly appreciated!
When I used to have and actually use my juicer I would give the pulp to some friends who had a little baby... as baby food, as long as it is organic and or very very clean/peeled/scrubbed etc. it would be an excellent way to make good use of it. They would add a little apple juice or something to it if it was a little dry from the process. The kid loved it.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,067,221 times
Quote:
Can you put a banana in a juicer? I bet you can put pineapple and mango in there and apples. That sounds yummy.
+++

Nope bananas are a no-no, as well as avacados which I can't imagine wanting to juice.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
I love fresh carrot juice. I have used the pulp for carrot raisin salad and for carrot cake. I also love pear juice, but I can't imagine what I would do with the pulp left from it. I like the baby food idea, have any of you tasted baby food lately? No wonder babies spit it out!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:16 PM

187 posts, read 614,121 times
I Know a person who drank carrot juice everyday and she started to get orange skin. Especially her hands. So careful!!

Old 01-03-2008, 07:07 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I love fresh carrot juice. I have used the pulp for carrot raisin salad and for carrot cake. I also love pear juice, but I can't imagine what I would do with the pulp left from it. I like the baby food idea, have any of you tasted baby food lately? No wonder babies spit it out!
Pear juice sounds really yummy! I would put that in a blender with the banana and make some kind of smoothie.

But all the fiber of a fruit is left over in the pulp, right?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Do you have a food dehydrator? If so dry the pulp and use it in cooking and baking. Have friend that does this with all her tomatoes then uses the tomato powder in her cooking. It is amazing how much the taste of something heightens! Fruit pulp could be added to baking dry ingredients.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:20 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurbell View Post
I Know a person who drank carrot juice everyday and she started to get orange skin. Especially her hands. So careful!!

My mom loves to tell the story of when I was little and carrots were the only thing I would eat, thus turning me orange. With my red hair - I must have been a sight!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurbell View Post
Excess vitamin A builds up in the liver and can cause the same kind of damage as alcohol! You will start to look jaundiced (yellow) because the overloaded liver cannot clean your blood....

if you like carrots, look at this!

Carrot effect on bodily functions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink