Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:46 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,874,308 times

Advertisements

Yikes no way. I rarely bake . I have to see my OBGYN at the end of the month and since he's the only other man to see me naked in thirty years I don't want him looking at a big belly. Kill me now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 11:51 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,843,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
All you guys treats sound sooo good.
Oh my, I might have to add it to my list

Exspecially drinking the wine in bed while eating them
That rice krispie treat with the butterscotch and chocolate is SO good....We just moved away from friends and family so we aren't going to be eating at parties... gives me idea!!!

I made a pumpkin bread with chocolate chips and 3/4 of it was gone in one sitting... I also like that pumpkin pie dump cake too with pumpkin pie filling like you are making a pie on the bottom of a 9x13 pan and the top it with a yellow or white dry cake mix and a stick of melted butter and pecans and bake it..... Deadly...

Old 12-10-2014, 12:06 PM

185 posts, read 198,258 times
Brownies

Old 12-10-2014, 12:19 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,548,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
That rice krispie treat with the butterscotch and chocolate is SO good....We just moved away from friends and family so we aren't going to be eating at parties... gives me idea!!!

I made a pumpkin bread with chocolate chips and 3/4 of it was gone in one sitting... I also like that pumpkin pie dump cake too with pumpkin pie filling like you are making a pie on the bottom of a 9x13 pan and the top it with a yellow or white dry cake mix and a stick of melted butter and pecans and bake it..... Deadly...
Oh my that pumpkin dump came sounds so gooood.
Can I get the exact recipe?
Please!

Old 12-10-2014, 12:27 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,843,391 times
Of course..
1 29 oz can pumpkin pie mix
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs

1 yellow box cake mix..I used white cake too..some people use spice
1c chopped pecans
3/4 c melted butter

Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan In a large bowl mix pumpkin,milk and eggs until well blended..pour that into pan..it will be very wet...

Sprinkle cake mix on top of the batter..Sprinkle pecans on top of that and pour the melted butter over it all..

Bake for 50 minutes...

Cool and top with whipped cream or ice cream....

Hope you like it..

Old 12-10-2014, 12:42 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,970,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
What is something you bake and you end up eating it all?
Maybe you get embarrased, maybe your proud of it

For me, if I make Rice Krispies Bars, whole pan gone in about an hour.

And if I make a loaf of banana bread, gone!
Of course with a half of stick of butter along with it

Am I proud?
Nope
But it sure tastes darn good!
I bake quite a few things and HAVE to eat it all. I live alone. lol I bake about once a week anymore. I have fallen in love with Krusteaz mixes. I get the orange/cranberry and use OJ instead of water then throw in a handful of dried cranberries. Yummy. One package will make 6 muffins and one small loaf pan. I get several different mixes and like them all. I also make Jello no bake cheesecake and they are good. I have a lot of fresh berries in the freezer from summer so I make my own toppings as well. I make cinnamon rolls once in a while. Banana bread occasionally. Obviously I don't "eat it all" in one sitting but, you're right...It sure tastes good!! The weird thing is I didn't eat ANY of that kind of stuff for years and years. Don't know what changed but it's okay with me!

Old 12-10-2014, 01:16 PM

216 posts, read 316,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Generally two loaves of bread will be baked each time. One loaf is pretty much gone in a couple of hours, sometimes before it even cools off. There's usually loads of folks willing to help eat it, though, I'm not forced to do it all by myself.
Bread is at its very best when it comes out of the oven, so this a sound and logical action in my opinion. For me it's roast chicken. I can disassemble a roast chicken by myself like a god damn caveman.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:17 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,890,077 times
I've never ate the whole anything baked. I ate one of these, but it took me two days.
http://californila.com/wp-content/up...Cheesecake.jpg

Old 12-10-2014, 02:39 PM

339 posts, read 781,846 times
Pannetone

Old 12-10-2014, 02:46 PM

187 posts, read 196,656 times
Pot brownies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink