Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 08:45 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,864,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Do you always go the same sections and buy the same kinds of food in a supermarket/grocery store? Which sections in the market do you never go to get anything? (Ok, I realize that if you never go then you may not be able to name them...)
In a regular grocery store, I shop the perimeter mainly for veggies & meats. I sometimes buy legumes, or soups, or spices and pretty much ignore everything else. Now, at Trader Joe's, I shop the whole store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Interesting, never noticed. Is there a reason?
It's all about marketing.
http://www.regainedwellness.com/supermarket-psychology/

Quote:
Sticking to the outer ring is not only where the real, whole food is but contains everything you actually really need to be healthy. Outside of the odd thing like nuts and frozen vegetables and fruit there is NOTHING that is in the aisles that you need to be healthy.

Last edited by caligirlz; 01-02-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 08:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,864,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Guys, on the rare occasion I have needed my husband to go pick up a feminine care item for me, it's easiest to just take a picture of the empty box with my phone, and say, "Get exactly this."
Another plus for technology

Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,343,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
beware asking women in the aisle questions on those things,,,, they just stare and walk away
my god, you'd think you just asked them their weight ..
Must be some pretty silly women you encounter.
I would have helped you with any question you had and told you my weight and tossed in my age just for fun and I don't cover, pull or color the gray in my hair either.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:11 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,091,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
The wife sent me to that no-man's land. I was amazed at the number of words I had to match-up on the package to get the right thing.
Quote:
beware asking women in the aisle questions on those things,,,, they just stare and walk away
my god, you'd think you just asked them their weight ..
Quote:
"...okay, last word is "wings"... let's see... that thing looks like it has wings, but it doesn't have the word on the package..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, I picked up the wrong ones the last time.

Quote:

Guys, on the rare occasion I have needed my husband to go pick up a feminine care item for me, it's easiest to just take a picture of the empty box with my phone, and say, "Get exactly this."
Quote:
that is wise..... pictures!!
after I had exact wording and couldn't find any and came home with a new drill,,,,

I haven't been asked again.. it came at a price,,,, I heard the wrath of estrogen for 10 minutes..
Quote:
Well, I doubt that the drill was very helpful in solving the issue at hand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
* Feminine hygiene (I adopted a menstrual cup several years ago and never looked back.)
Quote:
- I can't unread that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Big deal. We women have periods. Surely you knew that already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Another plus for technology
Comedy gold right here! I love you guys so much!

Last edited by DawnMTL; 01-02-2015 at 10:10 PM..

Old 01-02-2015, 09:48 PM

7,673 posts, read 8,753,152 times
Absolutely Didn't expect a thread about food contains these issues. P.S. if the last word is "wings" I guess you should head to the chicken section?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:27 PM

61,922 posts, read 87,512,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Just read about the
Quote:
Notice that horrific muzak playing? Again slower paced music is used to keep you calmer and in less of rush thus spending more time in the store and being exposed to more products.
but can't agree. The music at my grocery store is loud and obnoxious, frequently interrupted by overhead paging. Their carefully mastered layout of teasers and questionable discounts extremely seldom makes me want to explore aisles I never saw before (for a reason!), or buy anything not written on my shopping list.
That had an opposite effect on me - I don't linger. I try to get my shopping done as fast as possible. And leave

Old 01-02-2015, 10:36 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,617,081 times
I never go to:
Pet food
Baby food
Sushi counter
Olive bar

Other than those, I think I've shopped every aisle.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:46 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,719,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
I never go to:
Pet food
Baby food
Sushi counter
Olive bar

Other than those, I think I've shopped every aisle.
Forgot about the salad and olive bars.....the salad bar actually looks awesome...but it's too exoensive.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,405,169 times
I love the olive bar. Olives are divine!

Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 PM

61,922 posts, read 87,512,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Must be some pretty silly women you encounter.
I would have helped you with any question you had and told you my weight and tossed in my age just for fun and I don't cover, pull or color the gray in my hair either.
I would just hold you hostage: explaining in great details the difference in shapes, sizes, colors, scents, compare different brands, discuss the price per unit, price fluctuation, environmental impact, ecological footprints, recycling options, and the current stock market worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink