Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 05:15 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,903,386 times

Advertisements

Try a chicken tagine; it'll wake-up those taste buds. You could even add some pumpkin cubes to the dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 05:23 PM

19,971 posts, read 30,278,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post
Reps for all!

Thank you for the outstanding ideas!
I making a new list ..

I really appreciate y'alls help!

If inspiration strikes add more!
The holidays are right around the corner.

Should we start a thread for lower fat but delish holiday recipes?
maybe you need to spice things up...try some different foods and different combinations

sounds like you are bored!

chicken and olives go well together!

Burned Out On My Cooking-th.jpg

Old 09-16-2015, 05:56 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,356,251 times
There are some AMAZING vegan recipes out there but whatever you fix, it's better with cilantro. That's my motto!

Old 09-16-2015, 06:27 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,404,165 times
-Try some flavorful marinades for the chicken and pork. Experiment with fresh herbs, mustards, vinegars, citrus fruits, different rubs and spice blends.

-Roast your vegetables. Use fresh herbs for this too. I particularly like the kind that come pureed in a tube.

-A while back I posted this recipe, and I could eat it every day:
//www.city-data.com/forum/recip...fications.html

-Chicken soup - I usually just improvise and add different whole grains and veggies. Now that the weather's turning to fall, I'm looking forward to making this a lot.

-Do different meats in the slow cooker and shred them. Add different sauces. Like pork and bbq sauce, chicken and salsa, etc. Serve in corn tortillas, over rice/barley/quinoa, etc.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:03 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,540,436 times
My favourite staple recipe is a mediterranean inspired lentil salad. 3 cans of lentils, one large diced bunch of fresh parsley, the floret tips of one head of broccoli, two diced tomatoes, about a half a can of sliced olives, 2-3 grated or sliced carrots, and a 1/4 cup of cubed feta. Add 3-5 cloves of grated fresh garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and sherry vinegar or wine vinegar to taste. Easy, protein filled, minimal cholesterol from the small amount of feta, and no cooking.

Last edited by BIMBAM; 09-16-2015 at 07:19 PM..

Old 09-16-2015, 08:09 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,167,465 times
I have found some yummy things on this website: Skinnytaste

I would think there are some recipes fitting your dietary needs to be found here.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
My favourite staple recipe is a mediterranean inspired lentil salad. 3 cans of lentils, one large diced bunch of fresh parsley, the floret tips of one head of broccoli, two diced tomatoes, about a half a can of sliced olives, 2-3 grated or sliced carrots, and a 1/4 cup of cubed feta. Add 3-5 cloves of grated fresh garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and sherry vinegar or wine vinegar to taste. Easy, protein filled, minimal cholesterol from the small amount of feta, and no cooking.
I cook the lentils myself, and add roasted beets, feta and a vinaigrette with chives.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:30 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,332,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
just throwing this out ...lean beef is very low in cholesterol...

round steaks/cube(tenderized) steaks/stir fry)

pork is 50% leaner than 30 yrs ago..

pork cutlets and pork chops boneless,,,just cut off visible fat

I eat a ton of meat and my cholesterol is great,

Agreed.

In the last 30 years, pork has gotten MUCH leaner. On the other hand, the chicken has become a lot fattier. In general, when I am cleaning ONE whole chicken, I am getting the same amount of fat that I used to get when cleaning FOUR chickens. It is great if you are looking for schmaltz but not for your diet.

The one problem with lean pork is the same as the problem with a boneless, skinless chicken breast. Unless you marinate and season aggressively, neither has much taste.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,777,400 times
were on the same page SHH1313. I am sick of my own cooking and sick of constantly washing things etc. I would love to have things simple. But at the same time I find food from restaurants aren't as tasty as my own cooking.. Not meaning to brag because I am probably an average cook if that. So the solution? I am going to start to get into sandwiches. Check my thread in recipes on making sandwiches. Maybe there is hope for a solution.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Agreed.

In the last 30 years, pork has gotten MUCH leaner. On the other hand, the chicken has become a lot fattier. In general, when I am cleaning ONE whole chicken, I am getting the same amount of fat that I used to get when cleaning FOUR chickens. It is great if you are looking for schmaltz but not for your diet.

The one problem with lean pork is the same as the problem with a boneless, skinless chicken breast. Unless you marinate and season aggressively, neither has much taste.
I actually really like the flavor of lean meats, especially buffalo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink