Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 12:35 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Had a roast dinner

Roast beef ( half a plates worth ).... Roast potatoes, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings and gravy
There HAS to be a good reason somehow that explains why I am here and not by you sharing your dinner, but DARNED if I can think of one! Sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!

For dinner, my husband is having the leftover pork chops and the potato casserole from yesterday. I'll probably be grazing throughout the kitchen. Yay. Can you tell my enthusiasm meter is pinging right on "None" right now? If I had the energy, I'd run out and get McDonald's or Arby's or something, but I got new sweats yesterday and they are SOOOOO soft and comfy I don't even want to change clothes. I am blaming my "Sunday Dinner Apathy" on Fruit of the Loom.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
There HAS to be a good reason somehow that explains why I am here and not by you sharing your dinner, but DARNED if I can think of one! Sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!

For dinner, my husband is having the leftover pork chops and the potato casserole from yesterday. I'll probably be grazing throughout the kitchen. Yay. Can you tell my enthusiasm meter is pinging right on "None" right now? If I had the energy, I'd run out and get McDonald's or Arby's or something, but I got new sweats yesterday and they are SOOOOO soft and comfy I don't even want to change clothes. I am blaming my "Sunday Dinner Apathy" on Fruit of the Loom.
Ohhhhh and there she is!!!! ..... And to further empathise just how lovely and sexy you are..... I'm currently wearing a FOTL top as well! LMAO ( it was a nice Ralph Lauren but got gravy on that! )

It was wonderful..... And now now there's no need for bad language.... Like McDonald's!!!.... I had one the other day and it was awful ( except the strawberry milkshake of course )

LOL get a take away and let him pay

Old 08-28-2016, 12:58 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post

why do you have to change to go thru a drive thru??

besides I was in a mcdonalds earlier today and it must be stretch pants day,,,,the well marbled maine women were not the least bit modest ...

Old 08-28-2016, 01:00 PM

tonight we are having lobster rolls..

organic, free range, locally raised and humanely killed maine lobster meat

packed into a hot dog bun/roll

Old 08-28-2016, 01:16 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,561 times
Quote:
-Snip-

LOL get a take away and let him pay

I am not expecting any miracles today, do you know something I don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
why do you have to change to go thru a drive thru??

besides I was in a mcdonalds earlier today and it must be stretch pants day,,,,the well marbled maine women were not the least bit modest ...

I never EVER go out the door in sweats - I'm old fashioned. And besides, it's not "just" the sweats, I'd have to put my contacts in, fix my hair, put on proper foundation garments (at my age, trust me - it's necessary - ain't nobody wanna see THAT in public), change shirts - it's a whole big thing. It's not easy being me! Snort...

Was just in the fridge getting a snack (cottage cheese) and looked around - it's not at all as bleak as I make it out to be - I think I'll do grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. That actually sounds really good. If I can just remember to take the butter out of the fridge to start softening, it sounds like an actual plan!

Old 08-28-2016, 01:21 PM

[quote=Missy2U;45293464]I am not expecting any miracles today, do you know something I don't?

I never EVER go out the door in sweats - I'm old fashioned. And besides, it's not "just" the sweats, I'd have to put my contacts in, fix my hair, put on proper foundation garments (at my age, trust me - it's necessary - ain't nobody wanna see THAT in public), change shirts - it's a whole big thing. It's not easy being me! Snort...

hehe....all this for the drive thru???

rings of my mother would never answer the door if her hair was in rollers.....

and other mothers would go out in rollers and think nothing of it..

Old 08-28-2016, 01:44 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
Nita and Maine your dinners sound soo wonderful!

I'm having chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, shiner bock bread and green salad with housemade ranch dressing at Saltgrass.

Last edited by Debsi; 08-28-2016 at 01:53 PM..

Old 08-28-2016, 01:47 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Nita and Maine your dinners sound soon wonderful!

I'm having chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, shiner bock bread and green salad with housemade ranch dressing at Saltgrass.
So does yours

Old 08-28-2016, 01:50 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,815,815 times
Honey glazed ham, salt potatoes, and green peas.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:57 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
We're having tuna sandwiches topped with tomato and lettuce, a scoop of deviled egg potato salad, and a dill pickle spear. Iced tea to drink.
Was recently seized with desire to visit the new restaurant supply store and purchase a large cafeteria-lady scoop. I need to start making some scoopable recipes and use it!

Quote:
Had a roast dinner

Roast beef ( half a plates worth ).... Roast potatoes, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings and gravy
Aside from the cooked carrots, it sounds very lovely. You Brits know how to do Sunday right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.