Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2016, 08:08 AM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times

Advertisements

Tonight tomato/cucumber/dill goulash with chicken breast pieces and basmati rice. With it lassi. For dessert cold blueberry compote with little cream of wheat dumplings.

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/oj87f6jh...dumplings.html

Old 08-26-2016, 08:51 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Oven-fried chicken breasts, hash brown potatoes, zucchini casserole and sliced tomatoes.

No dessert. I need to get up to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and take advantage of the berries before they are gone.

Soon should be seeing some nice plums. Then thoughts of Almrausch and a lovely German plum cake will be in mind.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:42 AM

4,693 posts, read 3,473,160 times

It's keeps posting sideways so just tilt your head please!

Last night's beet salad. Roasted gold and red beets, toasted and maple syrup candied pecans, sprinkle of feta on a bed of arugula. I made an orange balsamic vingerette to go on it.

Tonight's dinner is what we call free form. A frozen pizza and corn on the cob for the kids. A baked potato and corn for me and the husband can figure out what he wants but he needs to eat the last ear of corn!

Old 08-26-2016, 11:23 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Magicshark, that looks amazing!!!

I just finished my very very very early dinner (got up a bit past midnight today, so I'm on a REALLY early schedule!). I tried something new -- London broil in the crock pot (found a recipe on allrecipes that sounded easy enough, AND I had all of the very simple ingredients!!). I had stir-fried fresh veggies with the meat -- today it was carrots, green beans, asparagus, zucchini, Vidalia onions, and mushrooms ...

The London broil was FANTASTIC -- so good this may be my new crock pot favorite (and I have a LOT of great crock pot recipes!). The meat was so tender I could "cut" it with my fork. YUM!!!!

I bought a bunch of London broil steaks a few weeks ago when they were on sale for $2.49/lb., so I am a happy camper!

Old 08-26-2016, 11:24 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I think I'm sick! But all of a sudden starved!

So far Trader Joes won-ton soup, spring rolls with spicy mustard and sweet and sour sauce, and a piece of leftover French bread pizza.

Tea with sugar.

Not losing weight today for sure!

Debsi, I hope you feel better so that you can enjoy your weekend.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:34 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post

I just finished my very very very early dinner (got up a bit past midnight today, so I'm on a REALLY early schedule!). I tried something new -- London broil in the crock pot (found a recipe on allrecipes that sounded easy enough, AND I had all of the very simple ingredients!!). I had stir-fried fresh veggies with the meat -- today it was carrots, green beans, asparagus, zucchini, Vidalia onions, and mushrooms ...

The London broil was FANTASTIC -- so good this may be my new crock pot favorite (and I have a LOT of great crock pot recipes!). The meat was so tender I could "cut" it with my fork. YUM!!!!

I bought a bunch of London broil steaks a few weeks ago when they were on sale for $2.49/lb., so I am a happy camper!
Which recipe on allrecipes, Karen?

Old 08-26-2016, 11:40 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Tonight is simple: Maryland-style crab cakes with a remoulade sauce, matchstick French fries, coleslaw and 2 bottles of Veuve.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:26 PM

4,693 posts, read 3,473,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post

I have made a london broil crock pot recipe from that site before. It went over big with the family. Thanks for reminding me about it!

I hope you are feeling better debsi.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:09 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Which recipe on allrecipes, Karen?
It was this one: London Broil for the Slow Cooker Recipe - Allrecipes.com . It's very, very simple: just the meat, garlic, mushroom soup (I used a can of fat-free cream of mushroom but of course if you hate canned soup you can always make your own ), basil, oregano, and salt. Took about 5 minutes to put all the ingredients together in the crock pot, then I went about my day -- and 9 hours later had a fantastic meal.

Shoulder steak for London broil, which is the cut I had, tends to be a tough cut of meat, but it was SO tender and delicious. No house guests at the moment, so I have enough left for 3 more meals for MYSELF, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I have made a london broil crock pot recipe from that site before. It went over big with the family. Thanks for reminding me about it!
I love browsing recipe sites, especially those with lots of easy crock-pot recipes! As of next week I'll be working 60-70 hours a week for a couple of months , so I REALLY need easy meals!

Old 08-26-2016, 02:09 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Hosting a BBQ tonight, so will the usual standard fare: chicken, burgers, grilled steaks, fajitas, hot doggies, chips (fries); rabbit food for the veggies; pastries, chocolates, trifles, ice creams and more chocolates
This sounds awesome!!!

Have a great time!! I like the rabbit food comment!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink