Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 06:15 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
My child LOVES ham/pineapple pizza. I suppose I don't care for the sweetness of the pineapple, but the sweet/salty combo is definitely a favorite for most folks.
I am a pizza purist, but I once had a guy convince me to eat pepperoni and pineapple pizza. I was shocked by how good it was. Nothing I'd ever get a craving for, but not unpleasant at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 06:33 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,511,213 times
Bad pizza. Oh Yeah.
Especially the small places.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:15 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Pizza Hut is actually quite good here. It's the Boston's Pizza chain here in Canada that is horrible!

Old 03-23-2016, 07:59 PM

93 posts, read 130,818 times
The only time I've ever told myself "this pizza tastes awful" is at Chuck E. Cheese. It's actually tolerable if you eat it immediately after it's served, fresh from the microwave. But after a few minutes, it's all downhill.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:13 PM

569 posts, read 552,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I wouldn't trust the palate of someone who doesn't recognize bad pizza.
The most of the pizzas are "inexpensive", but not to be says bad.

There were pizzas that a slice for 5 dollars. And there were 11" pizzas each of 5 dollars.

But there were 1.5" jammy pizzas for approximately 2 dollars.

The moneys are in your wallet though.

PS. The Jams above were the sweets that you applied on a toast.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:02 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times
I once ordered a pizza based on reviews from C-D, picked it up, had a slice in the car, then called another pizza place for dinner as I had to throw out the first one it was so awful.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:32 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

One of my friends said, "You better look for another job because this place is going out of business. Who is ordering this stuff?"

My friend the employee stated, "Brazilians." (the big new immigrant group in my neighrhood at the time.) So apparently the reason crap pizza chains can get a foothold in NYC is because there is a population of people who don't know any better :-)
I am from NYC and we say "tourist". And a pie cooked on metal or aluminum? Gross!

Old 03-23-2016, 11:38 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,134,001 times
For a cheap lunch, our Little Caesar's isn't half bad, so long as you make sure it is fresh out of the oven and not sitting in the warmer bin for a couple of hours. So is the Papa John's. I know the Mom and Pops are usually best, but sometimes they are pretty high priced, at least for the two of us. The only time I actually threw out a pizza was one from Pizza Hut, and the dough was practically raw. Really nasty.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:22 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The worst pizza I ever ate was in Belgium. I made the mistake of ordering a "four seasons", and spring was a raw egg cracked over a quarter of the pizza, but the pizza was undercooked and too cold to cook the egg. It was disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Unfortunately, the pizza you had is typical of Belgium. Word to the wise -- don't order pizza in Belgium.
When we visited Belgium, we actually got a pretty normal pizza, which makes me happy after reading this.

I love pizza. And we have so many different places around here that it is hard to choose. But I still have a backup one in the freezer and we also make our own. I'll take it all!

Old 03-24-2016, 05:25 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
When we visited Belgium, we actually got a pretty normal pizza, which makes me happy after reading this.
Do you remember the name of the place you went to and what city it was in? I'd like to try it even if it's just an average pizza by US standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink