Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 08:05 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,418,195 times

Advertisements

A slice of toasted sprouted bread topped with a layer of cream cheese and a bit of jalapeno jelly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 08:12 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Mahalo! (Thank you) Hoot is our toy poodle, and Annie is our Shih Tzu. (Had Annie first, told my wife she needed a little brother and his name had to be Hoot. Went looking for a little fella that looked like the name. He is now 12 and still a Hoot.)

Blue heron used the "Ewe"
then next post Wild Colonial Girl said "I don't think that word means what you think it does" which I took to be a reply to Blue Heron

stuff

more stuff

then you commented "I think he/she does" and then commented about "slather", which means "spread or smear (a substance) thickly or liberally" so your post confused me.

So who knows! I checked with Hoot and he told me to get a life....

Hilarious thread going on here! Maybe Blue Herons meant that she hates mutton - lol

Regardless, her quick lunch sounds wonderful and so does the fresh tomato sandwich idea that someone else posted. The tomato sandwich is my favorite lunch or sometimes just a chopped up tomato or two with salt and pepper.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:56 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Sorry eurika but that sounds revolting dear one.

I'll take some yogurt with granola and berries from Almraush and finish off with some water melon from Larksong.

Or I'll go to my friends who have pools and float around until the pizza gets there.

Or I'll grab John and we'll go to the dunes with our cooler full of summer fruit and a sandwich picked up along the way. We'll sit in our chairs under the umbrella and swim in Lake Michigan. That water is cold but on a super hot day, it's heaven.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:57 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times
Yogurt here too. Fresh mango pieces and sliced strawberries topped with plain yogurt that has been mixed with a little demarara sugar and some vanilla.
Or toasted German rye bread with garlic mayo and thinly sliced tomatoes and s&p. Is it lunchtime yet?

Old 07-13-2016, 11:11 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
How about pumpernickel bread with whipped dill butter,tomato slices and cut chive on top with a cold glass of milk?
For me even already cleaned and ready to eat vegetable and a bowl of yogurt with black pepper as a dip is just good enough for me on an extra hot day with a glass of lassi ( half yogurt with half water mixed)

Thank you animalcrazy always happy to share

Old 07-13-2016, 11:22 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
My husband loves those Costco fish sticks.

As fish sticks go (which I had admittedly not had since I was about ten), they're better than you'd think, but still: fish sticks.

My quick and easy go-to is toast with sliced hard boiled egg and some smoked paprika. Or toast with half a mashed avocado on top. Yay, toast.

Also, kefir. Filling and quick. And good for the digestive system.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:22 AM

129 posts, read 78,329 times
Jilz crackers (preferably Mediterranean) with store-bought hummus

Old 07-13-2016, 11:35 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,158 times
Can of salmon in a bowl
mix in mayonnaise, salt, pepper
serve on a couple leaves of lettuce over a scoop of rice (I guess it would take 2 minutes if you already had leftover rice haha)

My mom used to make this for dinner sometimes in the 70's in New York. For some reason this thread reminded me of that

Old 07-13-2016, 12:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
This isn't elegant but its FAST.

Drop a hamburger bun into the toaster.
While it's toasting grab three Trident Brand Ultimate Fish Sticks from COSTCO and nuke them on a plate for two minutes.
Slather one side of the toasted bun with mayo, tartar sauce, aioli or whatever you have, add the sticks and enjoy.
It will work for me: I just had a similar lunch: a wiener on a rolled up tortilla and melted cheese. While the meat was warming, I threw the tortilla with the cheese in the micro for about 30 seconds, pop the meat in after the cheese melted and topped with mustard.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:56 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,608,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I think s/he does - knows it's gross, used the word slather - still eats it. Some liberty but still fitting! Lol.
However slather isn't a sexual word, and sleazy is. The only way a lunch would be sleazy is if Roger Ailes served it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink