Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
cans of tuna fish..... low fat and high protein...(guys don't mind eating as is,,,but most women i know just ewwwwwww at the thought of eating out of the can )

peanut butter ,,,eat right from the jar with a spoon..

yogurt,,,greek or the fruity stuff

pot roast was my favorite....bring a big chunk in a cooler with ice packs...

popcorn....

ham steaks are quite healthy
remember the criteria is nothing that needs to be kept in a cooler or reheated. Now, how many places do not have some way to keep food cold today, I don't know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 05:22 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,463,657 times
a wrap sandwich, made with middle eastern flat bread like a chicken Shawarma wrap or Gyro with some garbanzo beans, lettuce, tomato, etc, a complete meal.

Last edited by mr bolo; 10-01-2016 at 05:37 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 11:06 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
Tabouli (whole grain if you like) with lots of Italian parsley, tomatoes, scallions, cucumbers, lemon juice, and a bit of EVOO. Travels well with minimal packaging and can be eaten at room temperature, as can a garbanzo bean salad or hummus or guacamole with a side of good salsa. All nutritious. All simple to make at home or you can purchase a 'base' and add to it. Add anything else you like to them .. but the above are probably balanced and nutritious enough on their own.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:58 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
If you bring lunch to work, what's your idea of a very simple package that is nutrition-rich and balanced? It doesn't have to be too tasty, but should not be too bland, either.

By simple I mean it doesn't need a cooler, doesn't need reheating, hardly need any container-cleaning afterwards, easy to carry.

I think a hard boiled egg + a fruit (apple, orange...) can be part of such a lunch, plus some good quality bread. These will be good in either cold or hot weather (unshelled cooked egg shouldn't need a cooler in hot summer). You don't need any container that you'll have to clean later on. (I know some will say sandwich, but in hot summer you'd need a cooler for it, or keep it in a fridge at work.)
A salad with vegetables, some kind of protein (chicken, fish, ham) and vinaigrette dressing.

Needing a cooler doesn't complicate the meal all that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink