Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
OMG, finally bought some! I am eating it right from the jar and can't stop, lol.
Welcome Denise, I too have succumbed to the temptation. Had no clue before I came on here, went searching at Albertsons, paid 6 bucks a jar! The pro that Ive become knows now to hit walmart!.. Welcome to Nutella Anynomous.. (sp???)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 05:31 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Welcome Denise, I too have succumbed to the temptation. Had no clue before I came on here, went searching at Albertsons, paid 6 bucks a jar! The pro that Ive become knows now to hit walmart!.. Welcome to Nutella Anynomous.. (sp???)
I almost wanted to put it on my steak the other night! The first thing I do now since buying it is, when I get home frm work I go eat some right from the jar! Happy Nutelling, lol.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Check out Costco if you have a card, its alot cheaper there. I get two large jars for a little more thenwhat you pay for one.

Its good no matter how you use it.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Default Shortbread

Well into eating my annual supply of Girl Scout Cookies, I discovered that the Trefoils are awesome with Nutella, dipped, spread, and or sandwiched. I don't think I'll ever eat plain shortbread cookies again...

Old 03-13-2008, 11:27 AM

I ate it on ice cream the other night. I like really rich ice cream and I tried a new one that the over all flavor was kind of pale. I laid a little of that Nutella on it and OH MAN was it a good pairing.

I like the idea of spreading it on shortbread.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:21 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
Okay, I have to know- what is this stuff? Ive never heard of it before here. Im orignally from the midwest, is this a southern thing? I can't wait to try it, it's hazelnut and chocolate-- I LOVE HAZLENUT and CHOCOLATE.. where do i get it and what do I eat it on??
Oh, wow, I haven't had Nutella in AGES! I grew up in Germany and it was very common there, every grocery store carried it, even in the 70's. It is sooo yummy, but not the healthiest food, no doubt. Why can't it have the same nutritionally values as broccoli

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Oh, wow, I haven't had Nutella in AGES! I grew up in Germany and it was very common there, every grocery store carried it, even in the 70's. It is sooo yummy, but not the healthiest food, no doubt. Why can't it have the same nutritionally values as broccoli
You have to think of it in terms of mental health, my mental health is soring at the thought of the smores we are going to make with Nutella tonight.

Broccoli has never done that for me.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I have never tried Nutella, but I did notice it for the first time today in the grocery store. I was going to buy it until I looked at the fat content, three spoonfuls have as much fat as a Whopper. That's all I need is another fattening addiction.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I have never tried Nutella, but I did notice it for the first time today in the grocery store. I was going to buy it until I looked at the fat content, three spoonfuls have as much fat as a Whopper. That's all I need is another fattening addiction.
You have to try it, I would MUCH rather have three spoonfuls of Nutella then a hamburger.
Nutella is an orgasm in spreadable form.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You have to think of it in terms of mental health, my mental health is soring at the thought of the smores we are going to make with Nutella tonight.

Broccoli has never done that for me.
Yes, you are right about that
And mental health is VERY important. Now I'll have to go and search out some Nutella, I wonder if Trader Joe's has it?

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink