Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 02:34 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
2 slices of pepperoni pizza from Little Caesar's
Kale, broccoli and mango salad plus I added some pomegranate kernels
Iced tea
Dennis, your salads always sound wonderful! I almost never think to add fruit to my salads ... will have to start doing that!

This was my dinner last night ... fried pork with Thai sweet chili sauce over rice ...

It was basically this recipe -- Thai Sweet Chili Chicken | Easy Delicious Recipes -- except I made it with pork this time instead of chicken. Alas, I am still not good at putting the battered meat into the pan -- instead of small, discrete pieces of pork, I get blobs. I am laughing as I write this -- the meal actually tastes GREAT, it just doesn't LOOK as appetizing as the blogger's photos!

Old 10-02-2017, 03:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
I made a couple of calzones with sausage and bought a couple of slices of ricotta cheesecake for dessert..
It was the first time I'd ever had the ricotta cheesecake.. It was good but I'm going to stick to the NY style next time..
I agree with you. I never cared for ricotta in my cheesecake but I do love using it for cannoli cream.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Dennis, your salads always sound wonderful! I almost never think to add fruit to my salads ... will have to start doing that!

This was my dinner last night ... fried pork with Thai sweet chili sauce over rice ...

It was basically this recipe -- Thai Sweet Chili Chicken | Easy Delicious Recipes -- except I made it with pork this time instead of chicken. Alas, I am still not good at putting the battered meat into the pan -- instead of small, discrete pieces of pork, I get blobs. I am laughing as I write this -- the meal actually tastes GREAT, it just doesn't LOOK as appetizing as the blogger's photos!

Ha, ha my meals don't always look like the photo either but as long as it tastes good Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:12 AM

3,101 posts, read 2,005,662 times
For last night's dinner I decided to try a frozen dinner for the 1st time, because I'm just feeling tired lately & didn't want to cook... unusual for me. Got a Healthy Choice dinner... chicken marsala. It was so horrendous, I chewed it like a kid who doesn't like broccoli, but is forced to sit at the dinner table & eat it anyway. It was shudderingly bad.

The good news... it was cheap, low cal, filled me & ruined my appetite so I didn't want to snack later.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:51 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs, bake potatoes with sour cream and butter, acorn squash.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:38 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
For last night's dinner I decided to try a frozen dinner for the 1st time, because I'm just feeling tired lately & didn't want to cook... unusual for me. Got a Healthy Choice dinner... chicken marsala. It was so horrendous, I chewed it like a kid who doesn't like broccoli, but is forced to sit at the dinner table & eat it anyway. It was shudderingly bad.

The good news... it was cheap, low cal, filled me & ruined my appetite so I didn't want to snack later.
I'd like to recommend Amy's Organic Cheese Enchiladas. They make a family size now, and it's pretty good. Sometimes you just don't feel like making an effort.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:39 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I haven't made chicken in awhile, and I have quite a bit. Not sure what form it will take yet.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:59 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,475,013 times
I have some ham I need use up. I think I am going to turn it into a ham and potato soup tonight.

Last night's Sunday roast. Nothing fancy but good old fashioned comfort food. My husband makes THE best roast beef and gravy I have ever tasted. His mashed potatoes are pretty darn good too!

Old 10-02-2017, 09:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
tonight we are having fish and chips and a nice Asian cold slaw, one of my favorites. I might also cook up some green beans, but am not sure about that.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post

I used to love frozen meals. I can't stomach them at all now. I even tried the non-healthy type (well, none of them are really healthy, but . . .) like Hungry Man fried chicken. Just awful! I've also tried Amy's and didn't like them either. I definitely didn't like the outrageous price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink