Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 07:36 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I'm with you. I just find it kinda gross.
Really I pretty much only like scrambled.
Now runny whites is gross to me. I will throw them back in the pan if the whites are runny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 08:00 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,244,243 times
I like runny yolks, but I can see how runny yolks could definitely be unpalatable to some people. It's just a personal preference in food preparation, not a test of character. I watch the same cooking shows and consider their "rules" to be nothing more than arrogant posing on the part of a bunch of foodie autocrats who think their ideas of what is good is gospel. They are certainly free to eat their food in whatever form they like it. Everyone else is free to do the same, even if the form someone else likes does not conform to the foodie autocrat's idea of "good."

For example, I don't like rare meat. Won't eat it. Don't care if it offends the chef of some foodie jerk. It's my food, I'm paying for it, and it want it the way I like it. A good chef can prepare meat cooked all the way through without destroying it. I don't care how many famous people like their meat rare. They can eat their food any way they like it, but their power to choose ends at the edge of their plate. I should be able to have my food the way it want it, and I want to make sure my food is well and truly dead before I eat it. I want it cooked all the way through, and I shouldn't have to apologize to anyone or argue with anyone to have it the way I want it.

If you don't like runny yolks, you shouldn't feel you need to apologize to anyone. Just ask to have your eggs cooked all the way through. It's your food, and you should have it the way you want it. Who cares what some foodie jerk thinks? Someone preferring a cooked yolk or thoroughly cooked meat or no cilantro or whatever is not depriving the foodie jerk of having a runny yolk, raw meat, and all the cilantro or squid ink soup he can choke down.

People should leave other people's food alone.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:00 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,425,270 times
I love a good runny yolk, I will set the whites though with a quick flip.

A fried egg is great on a burger!!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:21 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Growing up, my Dad would make us eggs on weekends all the time, various types. Well, we called them "dunky" eggs, since you can dunk toast, sausage, bacon, etc. in them, made sense to me. Well fast forward to my first time in a diner (grew up in the northeast) with my uncle and cousin on a road trip, probably around 12 or 13 years old and the waitress asked me how I wanted my eggs, and I said, "Dunky" and she looked at me like what the heck are you talking about, then my Uncle jumped in and said, "I think me mean over easy!" I'll never forget that moment.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:27 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I mainly eat my eggs firmly-scrambled, YUM!

I have 8 scrambled-eggs for dinner tonight.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:06 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Sunny side up eggs can have the whites cooked if you add a bit of water to the pan - just a bit to make steam, and put a cover over the eggs. That will cook the whites without having to turn the egg over.

Sometimes cooked through is a good thing, sometimes runny is a good thing. Life's too short to always eat the same things.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:25 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
I like scrambled best, but if I have to have a fried or poached egg, I want it runny with lots of distraction. They're gross, but they're the best way. So, I want my runny egg on a hard roll with bacon and cheese or pork roll. OR I want it in an eggs Benedict with a lot of canadian bacon or other breakfast meat and some sort of sauce to mask the fact that that yolk is running all over the place.

And yes, I know I'm nuts.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I prefer them soft over extremely runny, but I'll eat them every way, really.

I do like my scrambled eggs to be more firm, vs. really creamy.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:31 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Now runny whites is gross to me. I will throw them back in the pan if the whites are runny.
Exactly! It looks like 'a runny nose'. I cannot eat runny whites.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:32 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
I love a good runny yolk, I will set the whites though with a quick flip.

A fried egg is great on a burger!!
Also good on Mexican food, like Enchiladas! Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink