Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:53 PM

323 posts, read 993,303 times

Advertisements

I just bought a Goldstar Breadmaker HB-036E at a yard sale and didn't get the manual Now I am not sure how to make the bread! Anyone out there have this machine and can tell me how to put the ingredients in it?
I have a box of the breadmaker wheat bread but not sure how this works. This may not have been such a good deal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 06:40 AM

726 posts, read 1,229,725 times
Check out Hillybilly.com

Old 03-16-2008, 06:58 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
Check out Hillybilly.com
There was nothing there when I went to this site.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:11 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
I just bought a Goldstar Breadmaker HB-036E at a yard sale and didn't get the manual Now I am not sure how to make the bread! Anyone out there have this machine and can tell me how to put the ingredients in it?
I have a box of the breadmaker wheat bread but not sure how this works. This may not have been such a good deal!
Goldstar is owned by LG. Below is their contact info and link to the LG site.

Consumer Electronics, Home Appliances, TV Video Audio, Mobile Phones, Computer Products by LG Electronics US

800-222-6457
LG Electronics
1000 Sylvan Ave.
Englewood Cliffs,NJ 07632

And this link is to a page that is pretty comprehensive about ALL breadmakers for service and parts.

Bread Bakers Forum ABM Service & Parts List

Old 03-16-2008, 07:19 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
This is not the same breadmaker I have but I assume they all work the same way. If you buy the breadmix in a box, it will come with a yeast packet in it. I sometimes don't use this yeast packet since it can be old and won't make the bread rise properly so I buy my own yeast. They come in single dispense individual packets at your local grocery store. Check what size bread the mix will bake..usually it's for a 2 1/2 lb loaf. Pull out the bucket from inside the container, make sure it is clean and that the paddle (the little gizmo at the bottom that is used to knead the dough) is in place correctly. Put in the amount of water according to the instructions. Measure the water correctly. Pour the dry dough mixture evenly over the water, but do not mix. Level the top carefully. Make a small well in the middle of the dough but not too deep as to touch the water. Empty the contents of the yeast packet into this well. Close the cover and select the type of bread you want from the controls of the machine and hit start. If you are going to set the timer to bake at a later time, make sure you back out the total time it takes to bake the bread from the time you want it ready. For exxample, if you start setting it up at 8 pm tonight to be ready by 8 am the next day (12 hours), and you are baking white bread which takes 2 hours to bake (example only), then you will have to set your timer to 10 hours. At 6 am, your machine would start the process and your bread will be ready by 8 am the next day. It is critical in this case that you do not let water touch the yeast as the process will start right then, and then you will have a rock the next day! Also, do not ever open the breadmaker while the bread is baking as it will change the temperature and mess up your bread.

Good luck...let us know how it turns out!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:31 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
try the internet---you can sometimes down
load manuals for free

Old 03-16-2008, 10:40 AM

I have looked all over the internet and can't find one. I will try to contact them directly or try to find that ladies house I bought it from! I want to try a banana nut recipe but don't have the booklet. I tried the box mix last night and just dumped it all in there and it turned out good. I will take bibit612's advise for the next time...thank you so much for your info.
Any recipes you all have send them my way! I love bread!!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:06 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
PM me your e-mail address and I will send you some recipes! The smell of freshly baked bread is to die for! Good luck with yours!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:29 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,333,759 times
I recently pulled out my bread machine after it had sat dormant for 5 years . Still works great!

The only thing you have to do is put the ingredients in the machine in the 'correct' order. I think it is the warm water, then the yeast, then the dry ingredients (someone correct me if I am wrong). Hit start and about 3 1/2 hrs later you have bread.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 AM

Good news, I contacted LG electronics and they sent me the manual!
Thanks for all your help-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink