Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 03:26 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times

Advertisements

Tonight we are having burgers and salad again.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:34 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddiva View Post
No judging here, I love their chocolates. My current obsession is the white/white truffles, but I have yet to find a yucky one, or even a no one eats this kind til every other bit of sugar in the house has been demolished. I can't say that about any other brand including Godiva, Mozart, other European chocolates that I can sometimes find.

If anyone wants to judge, yesterday I made a glazed ham - the craving was so strong I couldn't even wait til today to get pineapple, so I used brown sugar, spicy mustard, red wine vinegar (what I had) & Worcestershire sauce. Delicious. That was dinner. Not even extra mustard for dipping. I've occasionally eaten so many samples I wasn't hungry for dinner, but last night was intentionally a huge plate of ham for dinner with a slightly less huge plate for dessert. O regrets.

Mr. Dddiva said when he & his siblings wanted to get each other in trouble they would yell "mom, so & so is eating ham without bread". With 8 kids she needed to fill them up on the less costly carbs. So funny. She got a big kick out of it when I called her laughing to confess. We're bringing her a nice chunk up, along with the yummy split pea soup from the bone and some nice crusty bread w/Irish butter.

Sorry for rambling, hope you savored every bite with no guilt & no regrets.
Not rambling at all -- I loved that story. No guilt or regrets here with the chocolate, just like you had none with the ham. I actually prefer savory, rather than sweet, so I can totally understand your craving.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:51 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
Tonight was mustard & herb roasted chicken thighs and roasted asparagus with olive oil S&P.

but I wanted to show off the cake I made for a friend's birthday. I haven't tried photo posting before; hope this works!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:41 PM

38,895 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Leftover pork chops with brown rice
Salad

Old 04-16-2018, 07:46 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,289,856 times
Red Beans and Rice, Cornbread, and Thin Mint Cheesecake for Desert

Old 04-16-2018, 08:08 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Making the men clean out the fridge and eat leftovers, I defrosted some leftover turkey chili.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2018, 08:20 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I'm back with dinner photos! This is actually from a couple of days ago ... veggies on the stovetop ...

Yes, I got a little carried away -- that's carrots, celery, asparagus, onions, zucchini, grape tomatoes, snow peas, and mushrooms! Started the chicken (boneless, skinless thighs) about halfway through the veggie time (40 minutes). Here's my plate ...

The chicken was VERY simple -- spritz with olive-oil spray, sprinkle thyme plus Tone's rosemary-garlic seasoning (one of my all-time favorite seasonings), cook on the stovetop for about 18-20 minutes, turning a few times. It is very easy and very delicious.
Wowza!

Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
I had my last of the liverwurst on lightly toasted marble rye.

yellow mustard, white onion, swiss cheese, hot pepper rings.
A snack size bag of Wise potato Chips.
AND a ice cold Modelo Negra...

Gracias for the suggestion Chessgeek, I thoroughy enjoyed it.....and tgere will be five more waiting for me when I get back to Magoo Manor. oh, yeah...¡Que Bueno!

I actually have a little 'buzz' working because I don't do cocktails 'til 5 pm...

but, as the saying goes; it is 5 o'clock somewhere.

dinner will be Chicken Rice soup later on, because I am flying out of EWR/Newark to Puerto Rico this evening.

I won't be posting here for a week, I like to take a break from the interwebz when I go away.

I'm wondering if any of you will miss me?

you will probably miss me as much as you would miss a splinter stuck in your backside...haha.
Glad you enjoyed the Modelo Negra, mr. magoo! Hope you thoroughly enjoy your week long getaway, too!

Old 04-16-2018, 08:39 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Veggie pizza and salad. Drank Lagunitas IPA.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I lied, I ate the left over saimin with a load of char siu. Hit the spot!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink