Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 07:55 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
So you think how he is acting is ok? I wouldn't put up with this crap for one minute. Maybe in other countries and cultures it's expected that women be subservient to their husbands but not here in America.
Well, as she said, the OP is a French woman living in Ireland with an Irish husband.

I do agree that he's not being a team player and respecting his family for the most part, but I do think with better communication the OP can get to a point where she doesn't feel like a put upon short order cook. Things like, if her husband is working late, she can make him a plate to heat up later when he gets home. He has to take it on himself to say "thank you" to a home cooked meal and to pull his weight with kids and chores. Everyone's tired--he doesn't get a free pass just for being a man.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:09 AM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
This thread really really needs to be moved to Psychology....
I think it probably belongs in the Relationships forum.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:27 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I think it probably belongs in the Relationships forum.
I have to agree with that one...or maybe psychology. She needs help of some sorts, as her spouse isn't willing to be the one to help her.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoidd View Post
Hi guys today's update

To answer you i've known him for 10years, he wasn't that bad at 1st, he slowly came over time, or i didn't realise how much i was doing before it become harder and harder every day since the pregnancy, every little effort i do makes me tired...
No he doesn't do any chores in the house, but since our little chat the other day, when i explained him, how hard it was for me to keep doing all of this while nearly 8 months pregnant, he understood and each time i ask for his help he is helping more with the chores, he is not happy to do it and shows it, but he does help.
And then today, i asked our son who is 4 to put his dirty clothes in the laundry basket, he was tired and wasn't really willing to do it. And my husband said out loud in front of our son, yeahh i know with all these new rules nowadays, it feel like you're a tyran!! I was just like woahh seriously? Just because i'm asking him to pick up his clothes??? are you going to picked them up? He said No! So if he doesn't and you won't who do you think will do it???

But some other time he is really nice, like when i needed him to go with me to the shop to buy a big mdf board for some diy i'm going to do, he was happy to help, and carrying the board for me
I just don't know how he can be nice a minute and the next he is not...

Dinner time was good too, he ate 2 plates of my homemade couscous, and told me he was surprised it turned out to be actually nice! So he ate a lot of veggies and survived! We're getting there.
For tonight, he wasn't in the mood to eat the same than me, so he just snacked on cookies and stuff on the coach on his own while i was giving the little man his bath.

So here is the update...
WOW! OP, I feel bad for you! Seriously, this is not a healthy relationship and the problems go WAY beyond your husband being a picky eater! If you’ve been together 10 years, you should know what he likes to eat, but the fact he treats you badly and refuses to do anything around the house is just ridiculous! You need counseling quick or I’m afraid you’ll live a miserable life with him or end up divorced! I’ve been married 17 years and there’s no way my husband would ever treat me that way! Completely unacceptable!!

Old 05-19-2018, 10:17 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoidd View Post
Maybe you’re right... I didn’t realise how bad his behaviour was until people pointed out for me...
For me it was just a food problem, but the way he is treating me is not right just I didn’t know about it, if I never went on this forum I would probably not realise that wasn’t the norm...
As such this is probably best suited for another forum. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink