Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:44 PM

171 posts, read 145,979 times

Advertisements

Some of Yall sound like big babies....IHOP has always sold burgers, and they actually arent that bad. Better than Mcdonalds.

Also its not a big deal name change or not , temporary or not, if you only want breakfast just eat the breakfast, noone is twisting your arm to eat these burgers. Just dont eat them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 06:45 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
One word - MARKETING. Now everyone is talking about this place.
Agreed

Old 06-18-2018, 07:18 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,647,821 times
The big attraction was being able to get breakfast 24/7. I really think iHob is getting into the burger game a little too late to compete with the Shake Shacks, Smashburgers, b.Goods that are already out there. Should stick to what few are doing these days and what they do pretty well.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:35 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
IHOP and Waffle House are not limited to pancakes and waffles. It has been awhile since I dined at IHOP. I have been going to Waffle House for years to enjoy burgers. As prices at Waffle House have increased this year, I have reduced my number of visits and going elsewhere.

As IHOP is promoting burgers, I will stop by a restaurant this week.

I ate there yesterday.. I felt no need to try one of their new burgers.. Stuck with the tried-and-true Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs. The boy had a bacon-egg-and-cheese sandwich with waffle as the 'bun' which he seemed to enjoy.

They really have a pretty big.. One could almost say TOO big, menu.

Waffle House.. Lord have mercy.. He wanted that Friday night, so.. we had Waffle House.. My scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, topped and peppered (Everything but Chili and Gravy) had 5 pieces of ham, 2 slivers of onion and 1 half piece of mushroom. Got a pic of it and I still need to post that to Waffle House's facebook page with a "WTF?" People knock Waffle House, but it's usually pretty good and you don't have to worry about someone screwing with your food when they cook it in front of you. of course, their menu.. It's pretty hard to screw up eggs, waffles and burgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Terrible marketing decision.

Like changing MCDonalds to McCharlie

Or.. Like changing 7-11 to Kwik-E-Mart in a promotional tie in with The Simpsons.. That happened, too. I did think that idea was a touch more clever than Ihob, but.. To each their own.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:45 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
The big attraction was being able to get breakfast 24/7. I really think iHob is getting into the burger game a little too late to compete with the Shake Shacks, Smashburgers, b.Goods that are already out there. Should stick to what few are doing these days and what they do pretty well.
They are not "getting into the burger game" - they've had a full, diner style menu for as long as I can remember, which means going back several decades.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:54 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I thought it was a permanent name change. But since it isn't, the decision is even worse than if IHOb were a permanent name change. Why? Because customers are confused about what IHOP(b) is doing and why they are doing it. Who are these public relations people? Whoever they are, they need to look for another line of work. Sales and promotions should be simple and easy, not hard and complicated.

My wife and I are in IHOP's loyalty program, and last week we got the email from the company discussing the matter. IHOP made it sound like they were completely overhauling the brand to change over to being yet another burger chain. Nowhere in any announcement did IHOP make the change appear to be temporary. We decided that once they did that, we would go elsewhere, since their burgers are mediocre at best.
If you like their breakfast why change? I doubt that they are dropping their breakfast menu.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:58 PM

203 posts, read 153,340 times
I thought they were going for IHO Blintzes!

Old 06-18-2018, 08:31 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
They're getting a lot of free publicity.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
It sounds like a bad business move to me, breakfast and coffee is the only reason I ever go there! I have never ordered a hamburger at IHOP. It just seems like a very expensive move to change all of their signs and everything else that they’ll have to put the new logo on.
Agreed. Never in a million years would I want to go to IHOP for a hamburger.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:23 PM

17,745 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
The big attraction was being able to get breakfast 24/7.
Yes, definitely the hours. And I'm a big fan of the Rooty Tooty Fresh n Fruity Blueberry Syrup.

Some people enjoy blueberry pancakes with maple syrup. I prefer regular pancakes with blueberry syrup.

It's not easy finding blueberry syrup. But IHOP has it...and 24 hours a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink