Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:40 PM

85 posts, read 262,760 times

Advertisements

What's your preference? Peanuts, pretzels, chips, etc., or candy, cookies, cake soda, etc? I lean towards the sweet although I do like popcorn and potato chips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
It just depends on my mood, heck, occaisionally (rarely) I'll actually eat something healthy, like celery with cream cheese, or a mango coated with salt, or a carmel apple.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I haven't been wanting junky food either...

I changed the way I eat back last summer, and now I don't even crave that stuff. I actually would rather have....

COFFEE! Than any of that other stuff, however, I was looking for chocolate at the office the other day. But you see... i put chocolate in my coffee...

Old 04-04-2008, 06:41 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I had a brownie with some of those new pretzel chips..now that's a great como. If I can figure out how to make a brownie dip, I'll really have a winner!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post

I changed the way I eat back last summer, and now I don't even crave that stuff. I actually would rather have....

COFFEE! Than any of that other stuff, however, I was looking for chocolate at the office the other day. But you see... i put chocolate in my coffee...
what did you do to change your eating? i crave salty and sweet! and i eat both at the same time.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:23 AM

286 posts, read 1,322,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post

I'd also like to know how you changed your eating habits, as I seem to alternate between craving sweets and salty snacks! Oh, I wish I could crave celery and carrots instead!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:50 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens View Post
I'd also like to know how you changed your eating habits, as I seem to alternate between craving sweets and salty snacks! Oh, I wish I could crave celery and carrots instead!
me too! or a nice bowl of steamed brocolli--lol
or crave excerisize instead of eating

Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,449,708 times
Where exactly does ice cream fit in? Besides my freezer, or on my hips.

I alternate between the two, but honestly, I am not much of a snack-er. I think it's what you're used to, perhaps? We didn't grow up with things like chips or cookies in the house, on a regular basis -- they were truly occasional treats.

UTZ makes a great Pub Mix that is a combination of slightly sweet and salty, with all sorts of things in the mix. I actually like those veggie chips, too, that are semi-healthy for you.

Do you ever find if you are absolutely craving something, you'll eat the darned-est things? I was eating those Nestle's semi-sweet chips, out of a big bag leftover from holiday baking, the other night. Easter put me in a chocolate-eating frenzy, and the Bunny just didn't leave me enough, evidently.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
I am a ice creamaholic too. I go through spurts where I want sweet and salty. I eat it and it just wasn't what I wanted anyway. I have been really trying not to have any of it in the house anymore, but I still have to have my ice cream.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:18 AM

286 posts, read 1,322,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
Where exactly does ice cream fit in? Besides my freezer, or on my hips.
LOL - That's how I feel! It seems everything just settles right on my hips these days.

Seriously, I didn't grow up eating a lot of snack foods either, but it does seem that lately all I do is snack away! I especially love sweet and salty together, like chocolate covered pretzels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink