Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 04:32 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,192,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Sitting down to our expat turkey dinner, I got suddenly and violently nauseous. So I had not one bite. Luckily, I don't anyone noticed my hasty departure and eventual return. Still, kind of a bummer.
About 15 years ago, my in-laws hosted Thanksgiving. One of my husband's young nieces or nephews was sick and gave everyone a norovirus over the course of about 2-3 days. My MIL prepared a wonderful meal for about 10, and only a few people could eat.

I actually lost about 5 lbs that Thanksgiving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 05:21 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
We bought a locally smoked ham, and we have simply been enjoying it. I might make rice bowls tonight adding it to the rice and veggies.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:30 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,134,929 times
Since I made a full 20 pound turkey with everything for 4 people, we have tons of leftovers. Another meal or two plus sandwiches, not to mention the day after cold cut buffet with mac and cheese and bbq meatballs. Eating well for the next week!

Old 12-28-2018, 08:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Had an 18 pound turkey, 4 people, so lots of leftovers. Sent some home with my one son and my ex wife, then had turkey ourselves for two suppers, and took some for lunch at work one day. It is finally gone.

Probably the best turkey we have had ever. Moist, didn't crumble, carved beautifully, and had a ton of white meat on it. We've had Publix turkeys for years, but this one was the best so far.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:57 AM

161 posts, read 241,039 times
We had a medium size prime rib and a small amount (the meat off smoked turkey wings) of turkey for four adults (the kids won’t touch real Xmas food and they stuck to the carbs like Mac and cheese and rolls)

Prime rib leftovers- steak quesadillas, steak atop salad, and I’m just finishing up the last of this as I type with a cheesy steak omelet topped with sliced avocado

Turkey- planning to make a turkey crescent wreath (crescent dough stuffed with leftover turkey, cranberry sauce and Brie)

Old 12-30-2018, 06:41 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,382,488 times
I roasted a whole beef tenderloin with mushroom sauce and we have been eating that for days along with mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, garlic bread, tossed salad -- this was from Christmas Eve dinner. Then for Christmas Day brunch I had a big honeybaked ham, shredded potato casserole, string beans, pineapple curry and a baked blueberry strata with gruyere cheese -- we are still making ham sandwiches and will for the rest of the week. Later this week I will make split pea soup. We still have about 2 dozen mixed homemade cookies and alot of good candy left -- but I am avoiding that -- my husband takes care of cleaning out the sweets. I have a lot of eggs and cheese left over so a nice fried egg with cheese sandwich makes a yummy meal. Nothing goes to waste in this house -- I will find a way to use everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink