Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 02:22 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,440,184 times

Advertisements

I like to eat whole lemons, and I don’t mean the sweeter Meyer version. The more sour they are, the more I like them. I also like menudo.

My late sister loved liver and onions, but I had to leave the room when she had them, the smell gagged me. She also liked head cheese. I was visiting once and looked at the ingredient list for it...yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 04:13 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The anchovy haters baffle me.
I used to work in a place where we would order pizza for lunch and people would just come up and take a piece.
Well, it turned out all four of us liked anchovies... what are the chances of that, like almost zero?
So we ordered Supreme Double Anchovy. That instantly ended the taking of our pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan alan View Post
I'm not even sure if you can find it in the stores these days, but when I was kid I used to LOVE olive loaf. I would make olive loaf sandwiches with yellow mustard and I remember my family would think it was so gross.
Not olive loaf, but we would make fried baloney sandwiches. I put American cheese, A1 and Heinz 57 on it. Delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Liver!
Go ahead and hate me!
IMO, KFC sucks, but I like their chicken livers.
On Tuesday they had Liver n Gizzard day, where you could get a small bucket of livers cheap.
That and a tub of mashed potatoes and gravy and I was good.

When they quit doing it, KFC was dead to me.

Last edited by eaton53; 06-26-2019 at 04:21 AM..

Old 06-26-2019, 07:24 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I've read about it, but haven't tried it. I'd probably like it.

I also like C. Howard's Violet Candies. I was addicted to them when I was a teen. Mom couldn't stand the smell of them. Dad told me that the aloe vera shampoo that I loved at the time reminded him of the smell of vomit. Thanks dad.
Oh, same here with the violet candies. There was a small stationary shop that sold them near where I went to college. I used to walk up to town and buy them after class. I loved them and they certainly gave one elegantly perfumed breath!

Old 06-26-2019, 09:55 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I find it intriguing why people rob themselves for others. Is it your life or does your life now belong to your DH?
It can be convenience's sake, efficient use of time, all that. If you are in a household where you are preparing collective meals, it doesn't necessarily make sense to prep things that only you like, and then have to have alternate meals arranged for others who are eating. If you're in a situation where everyone cooks for themselves, sure.

There are things I like that it makes little sense for me to make for my family, because I'm the only one who enjoys it. So I might make that for myself occasionally when I'm on my own, but I'm not going to put in the effort to make it just for me, while making alternate things for others. My husband has many things he enjoys that don't make the family list, for the same reason. He really likes fish. I don't. So he doesn't make fish when he's cooking for everyone, he makes things that everyone will eat.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:31 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Brussel Sprouts and Asparagus. Light Olive oil and roasted. I want some of both right NOW!

Old 06-26-2019, 02:04 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Smoked oysters from the little cans. It grosses some of our friends out, but hubby and I eat them right out of the can on crackers with cheese. Yum!

Old 06-26-2019, 02:07 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,407,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I find it intriguing why people rob themselves for others. Is it your life or does your life now belong to your DH?
What tabularasa said, plus ...

Silibran didn’t say who had the “cholesterol issues,” it may be her or both her and her husband.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:10 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
What tabularasa said, plus ...

Silibran didn’t say who had the “cholesterol issues,” it may be her or both her and her husband.
Yes, I assumed Silibran had the cholesterol issues as that was a separate clause from saying her hub didn't like chicken livers.

I'm the same way with chopped liver. I enjoy it as a treat but it's not a healthy food to eat on a regular basis, so not something I ever make.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:24 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,034 times
Beef tongue
Pork tongue
Liver

Old 06-27-2019, 08:55 AM

123 posts, read 152,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I have a pound of olive loaf in the fridge right now.
I will definitely be looking for it next time I'm at the store!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink