Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 01:46 PM

9,144 posts, read 6,196,866 times

Advertisements

Publix has figured out that there are more and more people who feel this way. Take-out, fully cooked T-day meals are a staple of their holiday advertising. This is from 2021.

"You deserve to take it easy this holiday season, so let us take care of the cooking for you! We offer an array of holiday meals to choose from so you can still enjoy traditional holiday favorites without the time, stress or mess. Whether you’re entertaining company or having an intimate gathering, our holiday meals can feed two to 18 people. With a 48-hour notice, you can easily place your order on our website or give your local deli a call. Here’s your guide to everything you need to know about our holiday meals."

If you would like to purchase one of the holiday meals from our deli, we have a few options to choose from to suit you and your family.

Small Boar’s Head Turkey Dinner (Serves 2 – 4 people)

Small Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Ham Dinner (Serves 2 – 4 people)

Publix Deli Fully Cooked Turkey Dinner (Serves 7 – 10 people)

Publix Deli Fully Cooked Turkey Breast Dinner (Serves 7 – 10 people)

Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Boneless Ham Dinner (Serves 7 – 10 people)

Publix Deli Fully Cooked Large Turkey Dinner (Serves 14 – 18 people)

https://blog.publix.com/publix/holid...e-publix-deli/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 05:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
I’m flying to California to have Thanksgiving with my son.
It will just be the 2 of us.
I think we are gonna hoop it up with some lobster tails or something goofy like that.
I like to cook so I think something nice and simple will do just fine.

Old 10-12-2022, 05:37 PM

189 posts, read 70,304 times
Going to in-laws house this year. I'm kind of relieved even though I love to cook on T Day. I might make a side to take.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:28 PM

7,106 posts, read 4,828,236 times
I’ve always loved cooking Thanksgiving, but have been realizing a couple of things. Nobody in the family likes turkey. I always make way too much food. So we’ve scaled it down a bunch, might even consider going out to a restaurant this year.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:33 PM

189 posts, read 70,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I’ve always loved cooking Thanksgiving, but have been realizing a couple of things. Nobody in the family likes turkey. I always make way too much food. So we’ve scaled it down a bunch, might even consider going out to a restaurant this year.
Duck breast. That's a great alternative.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:53 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I’m flying to California to have Thanksgiving with my son.
It will just be the 2 of us.
I think we are gonna hoop it up with some lobster tails or something goofy like that.
I like to cook so I think something nice and simple will do just fine.
I’m sure the pilgrims probably had lobsters.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:55 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
Good for you.

I've never cooked a Thanksgiving dinner and I'm not about to start now. I would like to find a better place to pick up a pre-made TG dinner; the place I've gone to for years has gone downhill, but maybe I'll just do something else instead.
I know tradition is for turkey, but Honey Baked Ham is an option (of course, they have turkey, too). It is pricey, though.
I send one of my sisters the entire ham dinner as a Christmas gift every year. She feeds everyone and it saves her some work.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:59 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
The holidays are a lonely time for many people. This is nothing new. The pandemic seems to have made this even worse. Suicide and depression rates skyrocket during the holidays sadly.
Helping serve others a Thanksgiving dinner at a shelter or community kitchen is a good way to balance out the feelings of loneliness and depression. Do something for others. It lifts you up. (unless you absolutely cannot take seeing others less fortunate than yourself)

Old 10-13-2022, 08:18 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,629,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m sure the pilgrims probably had lobsters.
Well given that they were on coastal Massachusetts, lobster and fish was most likely part of a feast. Wild turkeys are also quite common in the region. Not the turkeys we buy today. Ours are juiced up to grow to a ridiculous size in a few weeks.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:20 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,629,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Helping serve others a Thanksgiving dinner at a shelter or community kitchen is a good way to balance out the feelings of loneliness and depression. Do something for others. It lifts you up. (unless you absolutely cannot take seeing others less fortunate than yourself)
This is a wonderful thing for folks to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink