Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 11:21 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I don't think of it as odd either, but I enjoy a variety of cuisines so I may not be the majority. I know several people that won't even branch out into Italian food.

I will be in NYC next May so I'll add Les Halles to my list. I already have Hubert Keller's Sleek in St. Louis and Burger Bar in Las Vegas on my must visit list. I will be in St. Louis in the next month or so. Can't wait! However, I will not be sampling the Fleur Burger! LOL I love watcing Hubert on PBS and now on Top Chef Master's. I'm hoping that he and Rick Bayless are the final two.
I just looked up "Fleur Burger" . Wow ?!? $ 5000 a pop. It better be a really good burger... I love my burgers but not that much .

I also love foie gras but I am not sure Burger is the best accompaniment for it... It does come with some Chateau Petrus so obviously extremely good value !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 11:41 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I just looked up "Fleur Burger" . Wow ?!? $ 5000 a pop. It better be a really good burger... I love my burgers but not that much .

I also love foie gras but I am not sure Burger is the best accompaniment for it... It does come with some Chateau Petrus so obviously extremely good value !
LOL I think you get a souvenir glass as well.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
You know....when I visit the buffet, I like to see both turkey and roast beef. Sometimes I'm in the mood for one, sometimes I prefer the other. I like to have a choice.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:02 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
As it should be!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,130,940 times
Quote:
I wanted to ask everyone here something about French food. I am French and of course to me there is nothing even remotely exotic about French food, it is really quite basic.
I don't think I've ever noted someone thinking French food as "exotic", like you said, not more than Italian.

If people are turned off by it, I would guess it might be because they don't recognize it or the ingredients.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:30 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
It made me wonder whether many Americans do view French food as something a bit weird and outlandish ?!?
There are over 300 million of us...... your friend's father is just one.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You know....when I visit the buffet, I like to see both turkey and roast beef. Sometimes I'm in the mood for one, sometimes I prefer the other. I like to have a choice.
Yes and sometimes even chicken.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Oh my.... I come back from a very busy and long extended weekend of weddings, reception, and a family reunion all tied into one! Whoooo! And Confusion in the Foodie Thread... I had no idea what was going on when I came in here today.... I only just found THIS thread now! I am confused myself!!!!

Cyn... there is no way this is your fault.... please don't think that. You made the best thread that brought us all together for so long... We LOVED sitting at your table and chatting over the latest dinner menu... it was always to so nice to come in and see everyone everyday and hear the latest stories... why would anyone blame you after all of your hard work over the past two years? Please don't think that....I am sure everyone will agree.... Yours was the ONLY thread I really posted in on a regular basis.... I believe it was an utter success... and you should take a bow....

I have to say... I am a very busy woman... with a lot on my plate with pta and the kids.... so, there might be an empty seat where I once was..... DM me if you would like... but I wanted you all to know I might stop in every once in a while- but it takes me a while to warm up to new places.....

Old 08-18-2009, 01:03 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
How nice of you to say. There are so many good threads on C-D and it's up to the posters to make them good threads. All I tried to do was to have a good time and make people feel welcome. I am happy it stayed around for so long. It was fun!!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:56 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,492,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Ham is always nice to see, as well. There used to be a Steak & buffet, in Aberdeen, SD that was awesome.....Bread pudding on the dessert bar, also!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink