Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 04:29 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times

Advertisements

I like a certain level of spicy. I like jalapenos, wasabi peas are a favorite snack, and I generally go for moderate heat level on my Indian foods. OTOH I once had some idiot trick me into eating a habanero, seeds and all, and I was literally in pain for hours afterword, it was pretty awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 04:30 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
I love it, it's worth the occasional next-day regret.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:00 PM

163 posts, read 86,872 times
Love spicy Thai food, Chinese food, jalapeno peppers, Buffalo wings, etc...

Also love putting hot sauce on various foods.

I will say, however, that we ordered some Indian food one time and it was so hot it was actually inedible!

Old 07-24-2020, 05:06 PM

23,539 posts, read 24,041,250 times
I enjoy spicy food, but the spices should not overpower the taste of the food itself.

I like Thai, Indian, Cajun, Mexican, Sichuan Chinese, Korean etc.

I like curry, spicy wings, jalapeño potato chips (especially Tim’s brand), spicy salsas, chili, etc

Hottest dishes I’ve ever had was an Indian biryani and a Thai spicy fried rice.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:16 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
I enjoy super spicy food. The hotter the better, but I tend to draw the line on sauces and/or food where capsaicin extract is used - not because it's too hot, but because it tastes like crap.

For example - when I go to Buffalo Wild Wings, I'll eat the Blazin' Wings to show off, but I actually prefer the taste of the Mango Habanero more. Wingstop is the only wing joint I've found where their hottest sauce (Atomic) actually has a decent flavor.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:25 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Negatory

Old 07-24-2020, 05:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I generally like spicy foods. Growing up we put hot sauce, cayenne, pepper vinegar, or crushed pepper flakes on basically everything (or that is how the family prepared it).

My tolerance for spice is decent, but I have had a few next-day regrets in my life. And it is never obvious when that will happen.

I don't like heat to burn your tongue off.

Now as an adult I like to try as many flavorful takes on chili peppers as possible - I am always picking up new kinds of chiles. I don't like a lot of the popular spicy things though. I don't think sriracha goes on everything. I don't like flaming hot Cheetos, I think they are weird. Spicy potato chips sound weird to me.

When I am cooking I tend to add spice, and want some in the background with most foods. When I make curries (Indian inspired) I use multiple layers of heat: fresh chiles, dried chiles, Chile oil.....

Last week I ended up having a breakfast with mashed roasted sweet potatoes, nut butter (I have lots of kinds) and chili flakes. It was yummy! I love dried hot peppers and sweet potatoes together.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:43 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I enjoy super spicy food. The hotter the better, but I tend to draw the line on sauces and/or food where capsaicin extract is used - not because it's too hot, but because it tastes like crap.

For example - when I go to Buffalo Wild Wings, I'll eat the Blazin' Wings to show off, but I actually prefer the taste of the Mango Habanero more. Wingstop is the only wing joint I've found where their hottest sauce (Atomic) actually has a decent flavor.
I frequent Wing Stop quite a bit I have yet to get the courage to try Atomic lol Some people have told me its only a smidge hotter then the original hot others have told me your gut will be bubbling after a few wings so I stay away.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:56 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
I frequent Wing Stop quite a bit I have yet to get the courage to try Atomic lol Some people have told me its only a smidge hotter then the original hot others have told me your gut will be bubbling after a few wings so I stay away.
If you can handle Blazin' from BWW, you should be able to handle Atomic. Have them give you a sample of the sauce the next time you order.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:36 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If you can handle Blazin' from BWW, you should be able to handle Atomic. Have them give you a sample of the sauce the next time you order.
Never been to BWW one of the places I wanna try at some point. I honestly enjoy baked wings instead of fried wish more places offered them baked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink