Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 10:22 PM

10,303 posts, read 6,832,149 times

Advertisements

Well, cheerio!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 02:07 AM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Why would anyone need to eat out for a breakfast of cereal? IDC if you are talking about 9 year olds or 90 year olds. No one needs a breakfast or lunch that makes microwave oatmeal or cold cereal and milk.

I would understand a lavish breakfast or brunch place - but a CEREAL JOINT? NO. Just not.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:06 AM

148 posts, read 175,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Which list? I clicked on the link to a news station in Omaha but didn't see a national cereal restaurant list. I Yelped it (I am in LA) and everything exclusively cereal is closed.
*exhausted janitor sigh*

https://www.buzzfeed.com/louisekhong...ica-must-visit

Old 10-01-2020, 09:47 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTapedToCokeMachine View Post
Oh it would've helped to specify the post number or the name of the poster, since when you said "above" I looked at the post literally before yours as well as your original post, neither of which included this. The places on this list in Los Angeles are ice cream/frozen dessert and donut shops.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:14 AM

148 posts, read 175,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh it would've helped to specify the post number or the name of the poster, since when you said "above" I looked at the post literally before yours as well as your original post, neither of which included this. The places on this list in Los Angeles are ice cream/frozen dessert and donut shops.
*makes cunning face like that African janitor back at the junior college from years ago*

Gizmo’s Cereal Bar in LA is just mainly cereal and not a pie or ice cream shop

Old 10-01-2020, 12:00 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,459,776 times
There is a Cereal restaurant in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport. A number of years ago (we headed to California for spring break in 2017), one of my children chose to eat there for breakfast. I found it prudent to head to the airport earlier, avoid traffic, reduce the time in the waiting line to go through security, etc. In that instance (airport, etc.), I would rather have more sleep, more of a traffic buffer, let the kids have time to eat and relax after going through airport security, etc. That being said, I certainly wouldn't be going out for breakfast at a cereal restaurant before work, etc. How other people spend their money is their own choice. At what price they are willing to pay for convenience is their choice. If the market doesn't support the concept, it will not stay in business.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:27 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTapedToCokeMachine View Post
*makes cunning face like that African janitor back at the junior college from years ago*

Gizmo’s Cereal Bar in LA is just mainly cereal and not a pie or ice cream shop
Google. It is permanently closed.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:25 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Why would anyone need to eat out for a breakfast of cereal? IDC if you are talking about 9 year olds or 90 year olds. No one needs a breakfast or lunch that makes microwave oatmeal or cold cereal and milk.

I would understand a lavish breakfast or brunch place - but a CEREAL JOINT? NO. Just not.
I think these places are not simply a spot to eat breakfast, in fact the one by me seemed to do most of their business at night from what I could tell. I passed by it walking home from work at 10pm every night and I think they were open until 2am.

I think the cereal angle was more just a novelty to draw in a social, college-aged crowd, more like a coffeeshop or non-alcoholic bar than a food-centric restaurant.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:34 PM

130,224 posts, read 12,093,129 times
Well you wouldn't have to hire & pay a chef

Old 10-01-2020, 05:35 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
No because too many ways to undercut. There has been an explosion of wine bars in NYC but they serve decent quality food as well. Cereal is just cheap fast food, and is not even good for you. Better off going to diner and getting the full breakfast with eggs, hash browns, sausages, bacon, ham, pancakes yum yum yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink