Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 09:10 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times

Advertisements

My father was a commercial lobsterman

My brother and I grew up on his boat and
Would go lobstering/hauling
And dragging for scallops in the winter
We would eat lobsters every day for lunch with butter
Never got sick of them
We’d also cook up fish that were in the traps and if extremely low tide we’d dig some
Steamer clams and cook them

Two of my fav foods .. 40 yrs later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 09:51 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
While in College and broke I played football. They would bring food back for the team and there would be a bunch of those Micky D's olympics scratchers. I would gather them up and then get about 30 1/4 lbers at a time and freeze them. So I had a 1/4 lber every day for about one year. I never got tired of them.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:46 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
It is amazing much free and cheap meals that you can enjoy when you are completely broke in college. When I was in school. I had a five day meal pass. Weekends meant canned soup, La Choy chow mein, and the like. Every Sunday night after 4 pm meant 2 for 1 Whoppers.

I do not think that I have eaten any of those items since.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:08 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
I remember in college I took a nutrition course and for one assignment we had to diary what we ate for the assigned period of time. I was into eating these chocolate filled cake treats from the vending machine and a carton of milk for lunch every day because it was quick and fast. Went to MCD's for a quarter pounder, fries and a shake for a lot of meals. I ran all the time so I did not put on weight.

Had no clue about vitamins, protein or nutrition and the class never sunk in for me for some reason. It was just some easy course I took. Anyhow when I handed my assignment in and got it back, the instructor made a note that I was headed towards obesity shortly on that eating plan.

I cleaned it up in later years, but the chocolate filled cake treats and milk (until I developed lactose intolerance) was a regular lunch time thing.

Old 08-17-2021, 08:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Interesting reading thru some of these posts!!

I do not cook...instead, I grab all my meals from restaurants, everything from McDonalds (when I need cheap and fast), to Longhorn steakhouse take out when I want to enjoy a goof filet.

I have been on a 5 Guys kick lately though...its not as fattening/unhealthy as many think, I get a hamburger (no cheese) with pickles and tomato, their ground beef is very good. I usually eat some baked Lays with the burger.

Old 09-28-2021, 01:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,026 times
Default DIY Meals - Easy to cook and Lip Smacking

I am from India. As I am a working women so it's not possible for me to cook everyday. As I work in shifts sometimes I get time for cooking but arranging for all the ingredients required for that dish is little bit difficult. Indian cuisine is full of spices and ingredients. Each end every ingredient plays significant role in Indian Food. I came to know about Ready To Cook Meal Kits and I decided to give it a try. Fortunately here in Pune BYOC Meals are the food service providers who deliver fresh ready to cook food everyday. These kits are fresh, healthy, tasty and they don't contain any preservatives. I am loving eat. Now I am cooking my everyday food ( With just pot of hot boiling water).

Old 09-28-2021, 06:51 AM

164 posts, read 127,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
I can only think of leftovers from a dinner. I would say 2 days from the initial meal. I might eat the leftovers for lunch and dinner the next day or two.
I can also eat meals 1-2 days not more than that.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink