Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times

Advertisements

Was in a restaurant with my mother and had a bottle RC cola with a glass of ice on the side. I would pour the soda into the glass and drink it... got to within 2 inches of the bottom of the bottle and well...........maggots. Will not go into details about what my health was like for a few days, mentally or physically. Just YUK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,470,281 times
Ths is like the yuckiest thread ever. I keep thinking never to come back and read new posts , but curiosity gets the better of me

Old 08-24-2007, 03:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Was in a restaurant with my mother and had a bottle RC cola with a glass of ice on the side. I would pour the soda into the glass and drink it... got to within 2 inches of the bottom of the bottle and well...........maggots. Will not go into details about what my health was like for a few days, mentally or physically. Just YUK.
and double

Are you saying that there were maggots inside the bottle of RC?

Old 08-24-2007, 05:48 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
This is so gross- is no one /the FDA, whoever protecting us anymore? Now with poisoned food in Wal-mart, etc.....wht in the h--- is our governmant doing????

Old 08-25-2007, 06:48 PM

38,899 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisy View Post
I love how these places offer replacement sof the foods that were affected. Like you could possible eat another tumor salad. I used to order those salads everytime I went to Applebee's too. Notice the past tense. God, I feel queasy and I only skimmed the posts. Hey, maybe those of us on diets should stop here before mealtimes.
Hmmm...you know, you may be on to something.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Default Daily Dose Of Iron

This is definitely the thread to read if one wants to diet!

The only thing I came across was a metal carpenter's nail in cereal...fortunately I didn't swallow it! But, I contacted the manufacturer and told them that while I needed iron in my diet, I didn't feel this was the way to get it. They sent me a coupon for a free box of cereal (big deal huh? You have to wonder if they ever bothered to quality check their production line after my complaint...or quality check it at any time for that matter).

I have worked in a restaurant and have seen what goes on behind the scenese, and everyone is right...it is not a pretty sight. One cook would get very upset if a diner returned a steak...he would throw the steak on the floor, step on it and then toss it back on the grill. Geez Louise!

I'm sure glad I ate dinner several hours before I read this thread!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:38 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,470,281 times
[quote=katie45;1357589]

I contacted the manufacturer and told them that while I needed iron in my diet, I didn't feel this was the way to get it. QUOTE]

LOL....

Old 08-25-2007, 08:11 PM

38,899 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Talking Another form of iron in the diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
This is definitely the thread to read if one wants to diet!

The only thing I came across was a metal carpenter's nail in cereal...fortunately I didn't swallow it! But, I contacted the manufacturer and told them that while I needed iron in my diet, I didn't feel this was the way to get it. They sent me a coupon for a free box of cereal (big deal huh? You have to wonder if they ever bothered to quality check their production line after my complaint...or quality check it at any time for that matter).

I have worked in a restaurant and have seen what goes on behind the scenese, and everyone is right...it is not a pretty sight. One cook would get very upset if a diner returned a steak...he would throw the steak on the floor, step on it and then toss it back on the grill. Geez Louise!

I'm sure glad I ate dinner several hours before I read this thread!
OMG, that's funny!!! Thanks for the laugh--I needed it!

Old 08-26-2007, 07:26 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
OMG, that's funny!!! Thanks for the laugh--I needed it!
You're welcome! I was able to laugh at the time as well since I wasn't injured.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:10 AM

136 posts, read 589,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Superstore (grocery store) - I bought a large cup of coffee to enjoy during shopping. At the very bottom I took the last swig and a big snot ball ran into my mouth. I just about threw up in the cereal isle!

Same store. A big hair wound through the icing on one of the doughnuts. I told the workers so they could remove the pastry. I hid behind a display and watched the woman pull the hair out of the icing! I then complained to the manager.

Same store, one of the workers was kicking a head of cabbage around the floor, picked it up and put it on the pile with the rest.

I will only buy canned foods there now.
Oh god you are better than me I would have earled!!! **heave! heave**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink