Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On A Scale Of 1 Through 10, What Would You Rank The Food At The Olive Garden ?
10 6 5.56%
9 1 0.93%
8 14 12.96%
7 11 10.19%
6 9 8.33%
5 12 11.11%
4 18 16.67%
3 14 12.96%
2 8 7.41%
1 15 13.89%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,680,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
The only thing I enjoy at OG is the soup and salad for lunch. Everything else is pre-made, not true Italian.
I'll take your word for it. You've spent enough time in NYC to know good Italian food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 05:15 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,495,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'll take your word for it. You've spent enough time in NYC to know good Italian food.
It doesn't take a New Yorker to know chain food is pre-made

Old 11-02-2008, 05:36 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,837,898 times
I can live without Olive Garden altogether. I would rather have Burger King. OK, I'm odd. Maybe it just as the service but not a good experience at all. I'm usually not hard and try to be understanding knowing how bad it can be to work in retail. Sometimes management is to blame...

Old 11-02-2008, 05:43 PM

217 posts, read 417,521 times
we went and had a party of about 12 and most had terrible food. i got the pasta with different cheeses and the pasta was very hard like stale and the cheeses were in globs just dumped..it was horrible. expensive and never again..

Old 11-02-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
we went and had a party of about 12 and most had terrible food. i got the pasta with different cheeses and the pasta was very hard like stale and the cheeses were in globs just dumped..it was horrible. expensive and never again..
Yea those large parties can be annoying...
Perhaps it's the area you're in? I've been to some areas with predominantly college kids and the chains around there were run by them and the food was a little to be desired

Old 11-02-2008, 06:57 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,075,469 times
At the risk of sounding like a big ol' snob... I'd avoid this type of chain like the plague.

There is no need to eat regimented food which pretends to be from a real 'restaurant' - and what could be more depressing than the warmth and sponteniety of Italian cuisine being reduced to the strictly-marshalled kitchen regime of a big chain?

If I was in a strange town with no time or energy to find a real eaterie, then maybe OG would be a possibility. But even then I'd rather eat American freshly-flipped burgers and fries from BK or Wendy's than 'Italian' food made by badly-paid students following microwaving instructions.

OK - I am a food snob.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
If I was in a strange town with no time or energy to find a real eaterie, then maybe OG would be a possibility. But even then I'd rather eat American freshly-flipped burgers and fries from BK or Wendy's than 'Italian' food made by badly-paid students following microwaving instructions.

OK - I am a food snob.
It's ok to be a food snob,it shows culture.
That's pretty much the only times I'll go to chains,is when I don't know what else is around,but it's mostly for the wife. She's more of a food snob than me,I'll go almost anywhere. The only thing I don't like about the chains are the goofy themes they have,and things like when they have to form a clapping stampede of staff to acknowlege someones's birthday(every couple minutes)...I'm starting to get bored of the same food there though,but what I do like is when they have new specials on the menu. I always like to try new things.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM

718 posts, read 2,329,089 times
Wow. I cannot believe my eyes. Aside from chain pizza, I cant think of a worse establishment associated with Italian food than the Olive Garden. It is an absolute disgrace. You people have not lived if you think this is good food, let alone real Italian food.

All you podunk townies out there come pay a visit to my dominion, I have restaurants that will rid your life of monotony. My home cooking on a bad day will even blow you away. I shall bring you the food, vino, and the laughs, and you will bring the small fee I charge for this experience. This is the best bargain for fun as our economy struggles.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:25 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
Wow. I cannot believe my eyes. Aside from chain pizza, I cant think of a worse establishment associated with Italian food than the Olive Garden. It is an absolute disgrace. You people have not lived if you think this is good food, let alone real Italian food.

All you podunk townies out there come pay a visit to my dominion, I have restaurants that will rid your life of monotony. My home cooking on a bad day will even blow you away. I shall bring you the food, vino, and the laughs, and you will bring the small fee I charge for this experience. This is the best bargain for fun as our economy struggles.
Address, website etc please

Old 11-02-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
I think there's a personals section on this forum for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink