Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?
Subway 68 38.20%
Quiznos 61 34.27%
Jimmy John's 49 27.53%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:36 PM

124 posts, read 461,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
What about Firehouse Subs? I've never tried it, but they were all over in Tennessee and now one just opened up the street. We also have one of those Which Wich? places a couple of doors down. I've heard good things about that one, but have not tried it yet either.

I love Firehouse. They're really tasty. Which Wich is ok too but I'll take a Firehouse first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 10:30 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
Just went to quiznos and jimmy johns and bought one of each for comparison

the better value for the money is quiznos, however the best tasting sub was the 8 inch jimmy johns. Bread is baked fresh there daily, ingredients were much fresher.

Sub was smaller and not as thick, but I found quiznos to have monster thick bread, too thick really. Jimmy johns bread was fresh and delicious. Quiznos tasted like it was one or two day old bread, and dryer too.

Tastewise, I would rate quiznos on par with subway, neither has an advantage. I would say jimmy johns has the best taste of the three, but valuewise you don't quite get as much sub for your money as you do at quiznos and subway. They do cost less though, at $4.25 each here.

Overall subway has the best value for the money. I'll probably pick either subway or jimmy johns from now on.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:07 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,187,396 times
I like Subway because they have a great veggie burger sub, which is not available at Quiznos. I get mine with toasted roll, lettuce, tomato and (lots of)pickles, ketchup and mayo. Bag of chips and a soda. There are no Jimmy John's in my area

Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KardoulaMou View Post
Which is your favorite?

I think Subway is nasty for that you go to Blimpie

Quiznos is not one of my favorites neither and they are kinda expensive

Never heard of Jimmy John's

So I would rather go to Blimpie or go to the nearest deli where the cold cuts are the freshest

Old 06-20-2009, 09:19 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,557 times
Quiznos gets my vote. Coupons abound here and on the internet. Join their club, too. Never heard of JJ.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:30 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,732 times
Blimpie

Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 AM

26,209 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Quiznos gets my vote. Coupons abound here and on the internet. Join their club, too. Never heard of JJ.
JJ's are very small places. One thing they do that seems odd is to sell a line of subs with NO veggies, just bread with meat and cheese. I had one, seemed odd, won't bother with that again. JJ's is a last resort kind of place for me.

I like Quizno's for their toasted subs, esp the Turkey/Ranch on Whole Wheat, taken "through the garden" with all the veggies on it.

I like Subway for their Spicy Italian, which is better now that they also will toast a sub for the customer.

Overall, I voted for Quizno's.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:05 PM

914 posts, read 4,444,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
Best is chain called togo's ~ next is Blimpies~ then safeway signatures!
TOGO's! I love TOGO's!!! I would absolutely agree that they are the best chain! They are a little more expensive than places Subway, but they also put way more stuff on their sandwiches. But they can be so hard to find if you aren't in California. They used to have quite a few in Oregon in the 90's but a lot of them went out of busniess, including the one I worked at the summer I was 16. (My first job!) At the time, there were not as many other sandwich chains as there are now, so I think people saw them as too expensive, even if it was because they gave you larger sandwiches with higher quailty ingredients. I think that they would compete better in today's market. I keep hoping they will make a comback. I love me a TOGO's roast beef and avacado!

As for the poll, none of the above! I've never heard of Jimmy John's. I find Quiznos to be overpriced and too hit or miss; half the time I've eaten there the sandwich was decent, even occasionally tasty, but the other half of time I've been served a burnt peice of @#$&. Subway used to be okay until last year when, during our move cross country, one of their sandwiches made me violently ill. Because of that I have a developed a very strong aversion Subway. Not that I think eating at Subway will make me sick again or anything, but now my body associates that distinct Subway smell and taste to vomiting, so no more Subway for me.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,331 times
subway is my favorite. i love their fresh bread.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM

76 posts, read 307,477 times
Have no idea who Jimmy John is... so I'll pick Quizno's. Subway is lousy!! I would pick Togo's if it were on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink