Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?
Subway 68 38.20%
Quiznos 61 34.27%
Jimmy John's 49 27.53%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:49 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times

Advertisements

Jimmy Johns. God, I love them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:05 AM

664 posts, read 2,065,607 times
I voted for Jimmy's Johns. I've been there a few times and they have a unique taste that makes you want another one.

I go to Subway the most often. One thing I've learned about Subway is that it does matter which one you go to. There is one close to us that is staffed by a couple ladies who worked there when I worked at a restaurant next door that closed 8 years ago! They will absolutely skimp on everything. There is another one about the same distance from us that will absolutely load up on the veggies. That's the one I go to. My wife and I each get a foot long. The meat is predetermined how much they put on, but when I order we get 'double' of the veggies we really like including onions and pickles. We can barely get the sandwich shut! Other ones around are hit and miss. There was one that used to be really close to us and there was a paper sign on their side above the veggies reminding the workers that when someone wanted onions they would get a certain amount and if they ordered too many veggies they would get charged extra! Wow! Stick with the good ones and you can get a good sandwich for pretty cheap.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM

509 posts, read 1,167,305 times
There should be another choice in the poll: Other

Jimmy Johns: Revolting. Did not finish the sandwich. I'll try anything twice, so tried again at a different locale. Swing and a miss.
Quizno's: Overpriced and tasteless. Both times.
Subway: I can do subway, but it is nothing special.

I guess from the three choices Subway wins.

Chain sub sanwich places just arent that good most of the time, it seems. I have been to some absolutlely awesome one-location or small chain places though. My personal favorite is Hungry Hobo, but those are limited to locations in eastern Iowa and western Illinois

Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I've never heard of them either, maybe they are better than Subways.
IMO, JJ is worse than Subway. I don't like any of the three options given as a choice in the poll. My favorite sub place is Harris Teeter.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:11 AM

213 posts, read 671,894 times
I actually like publix's subs the most...quiznos is to pricey and jimmy johns is mostly just bread. Subway is ok, they would be my second choice.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:40 PM

509 posts, read 1,167,305 times
Blimpie, the best? Seriously? When I walk into a Blimpie I have to take a moment to acclimate myself to the nauseous bread smell.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,169 times
I live for jimmy johns

Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 PM

102 posts, read 453,548 times
Wawa

Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Mmm, Schlotzsky's! Their original sandwich is delish, and so are their Reubens if you can get them to make you one. (Not all of them carry the sauerkraut.)

I used to work a few doors down from a Togo's when I was in college and got burned out on them. My husband likes them, but when we went, nothing ever sounded good, and they don't have a single healthy salad.

Quizno's is OK but so greasy and expensive. For that money, Schlotzsky's is a million times better.

I moved to Illinois recently but haven't been to Jimmy John's yet. Potbelly's bread is really good--actually, here in Illinois, sandwich rolls are SO much better than anything I ever had in California. Sorry, California. Your fanciest sub rolls are very sad in comparison to what I can get even in the supermarkets here.

I've tried Buona and Portillo's here, and you just can't beat a Portillo's Italian beef.

Ooooh, is it lunch time yet? I know where I'm going now.
You're right! I'm in California now an I really miss Portillo's Italian beef and Potbelly's sandwiches too. I haven't had a decent Italian beef since I've out here and I'm considering making my own.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:10 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
I tend to eat the most at Subway simply because of the price.

However, I prefer Quiznos. But it isn't very cheap, they rarely have deals, and coupons are few and far between. I just can't justify paying for it when I can get $5 Footlong, a BOGO 6 inch, $$ off any Subway sub...

Jimmy John's bread is entirely too thick and bready for me.

Eta, there are many more choses for subs, even chains. Blimpies, Schlotzsky's, Rolly Polly, Firehouse, Jason's Deli, and McAllister's, just to name a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink