Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:31 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,527 times

Advertisements

anyone else just loves it? The food is really great, it's far from expensive and the courses are huge! you can make another meal from the leftovers the following day. Plus, the staff is really nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 09:05 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
I think it is really GOOD.... there is a huge portion of really GOOD food. I don't like that I cannot bring my kids with me. They do not have a kids menu. Perhaps they are trying to do that on purpose to make it more adult friendly??? That makes it hard for me to get there. I am not going to pay the price of an appetizer ($7) for a kids meal like they tell me I can do for them.... that is insane when they don't eat it all.... but it is good food... NOT amazing. If I want to pay the price of Cheesecake Factory I would much rather go to a more higher end local establishment and get better quality food- especially if I am not bringing my kids with me....

Old 12-29-2008, 09:07 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,225 times
I gave away a $50 gift certificate for that place if that gives you any indication of my feelings of Cheesecake Factory.

There's nothing about that place that I find appealing.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 AM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
^^^^ Why is that?

I love the food there. The menu is so large that I have a hard time deciding on what I want to get

Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
^^^^ Why is that?

I love the food there. The menu is so large that I have a hard time deciding on what I want to get
That's part of the reason I hate it. My perfect restaurant wouldn't have menus at all. Whatever was fresh, at it's peak, local - prepared in a mixture of new and classic techniques at the whim of the chef.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:24 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
There salad's are great. I enjoy eating there after a day of shopping at the mall........

Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
The Cheesecake Factory.... a huge selection of mediocre food served in massive portions, usually preceded by a long wait to get in.

Every time I go, I'm reminded of how underwhelmed I've been in the past.

However, I can easily kill a couple of orders of their Tex-Mex eggrolls and end up a Cheshire cat smiling, burping, satisfied diner.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I think it is really GOOD.... there is a huge portion of really GOOD food. I don't like that I cannot bring my kids with me. They do not have a kids menu. Perhaps they are trying to do that on purpose to make it more adult friendly??? That makes it hard for me to get there. I am not going to pay the price of an appetizer ($7) for a kids meal like they tell me I can do for them.... that is insane when they don't eat it all.... but it is good food... NOT amazing. If I want to pay the price of Cheesecake Factory I would much rather go to a more higher end local establishment and get better quality food- especially if I am not bringing my kids with me....
I'm not a great fan either but our local one is nice and spacious, no waiting and the food is not bad - not good especially either.

Last time I went they did have a kid's choice, tho not on a printed menu (???) the little boy in our group had a nice fresh pasta dish for a few dollars, and the toddler got a fruit plate free of charge.

Mentioned in here somewhere The Cheesecake Factory :: About Us :. (http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/frames.asp?fm=aboutus&pg=http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/aboutus_faq.asp - broken link)

Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
I have to admit that I am not a fan of The Cheesecake Factory. I have been there twice and twice I did not like what I ordered and the wait is ridiculous.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
anyone else just loves it? The food is really great, it's far from expensive and the courses are huge! you can make another meal from the leftovers the following day. Plus, the staff is really nice.
Alot of people put it down because it's a chain. I enjoyed it immensely the only time I've been, to the one in SF, on top of Macy's in Union Square. The cheesecake was to die for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink