Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 11:36 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times

Advertisements

Well the ironing is on hold until tomorrow. I called h to let him know our "furry" child is eating all of my mint & parsley & he informed me that she ate some sort of bug on her walk last night. Great now she is whining and her stomach is puffy. I am making her some white rice right now. I called our country vet and he is birthing a pony so I will see what he has to say when he calls back. Her trainer is on a fox run in Virginia. So here I sit rubbing her tummy.

Lacey, our Lowe's Foods gets the frozen pizza dough from Jersey. Why don't you ask your store if they can import Papa Sal's Pizza Dough, manufactured by Guttenplan's Frozen Dough, Inc., Middletown, NJ 07748. I pay $1.99 for 1 lb of dough. In fact in between rubbing a big white tummy, I am munching on a slice of meatball, tri-colored pepper, black olive, onion & garlic pizza, thin and well done. I bought a serrated, Calphalon pizza pan at Kohl's last year and I bake it @450 for 15-20 mins. Sweet.

HG, I used Ground Round for the pizza burgers. I add some A 1 and Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and onion, s&p and garlic powder. Sear on both sides then cook to med. Top with provolone or mozzarella. I spread my h/m spaghetti sauce on top. Our local market has honey/buttered hamburger & hot dog rolls, which I toast. A side of macaroni salad and a Kosher dill pickle hits the spot.

I will check back with you later. Have a nice afternoon. kelsie

Old 04-18-2009, 01:47 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,531 times
Ham is in the oven coffees down the hatch deviled eggs are chillin and I am gonna make an extra batch. Going to have a little buffet of ham, cheese, crackers, and deviled eggs tonight. Has anyone tried Queso Fresco? Oh it is so good...

Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,014 times
Good afternoon all, and Happy Birthday cyn! I made my ham and bean soup and I have to say for the first time making it, came out really good. The broth was a little too thin for me so I nuked a small red potato, mashed it with some half and half to thicken it up a little.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Hi Denise and Amber-Denise I use instant potato flakes to thicken. Glad it came out good.

Kelsie how's the pup? I doubt they would get the pizza dough out here as it would be just me!!!! For some reason they LOVE Domino's out here.

Jaxson-missing you.

MWBW-did you finish the chocolate yet?

Old 04-18-2009, 02:48 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
Denise, we knew you could do it girl, way to go. Lacey & I make it a little differently but the results are great. I usually use the largest bag of beans/peas etc. & start with a few cups of the c. broth and add for desired consistency.

Lacey, after seeing Dom. pizza on the news the other night, I think people will start really thinking about where they are purchasing their food. I checked the website for the pizza they will ship it to you, but 20-30 doughs in a box that weighs 30 lbs., so you know what the s/h would be.

Pup's sleeping on the tile floor in the M/B, she ate some white rice that I mixed with a little bit of her food. When h came home for his dinner he gave her a stomach pill which her vet brought over last month when she had a similar problem. h of course remarked that all the dogs he had over the years only ate Purina and never had the problems that she has had. We had company last month and someone left the toilet seat up, sure enough I hear, "slurp-slurp-slurp", before running in and closing it. 1 hr. later, she threw up, of course in the LR. She can only drink bottled water. In my next life I want to come back as my dog. She is sup. to go and get her teeth cleaned Tues., but I may have to cancel, b/c he has to put her under. I will be making lemon chicken, mushroom Risotto and fresh asparagus for her Vet and his family on Monday. Thank you for asking. How is Mr. L doing?

I have Food Network on and Bobby is making Cioppino and making me hungry. I think that I will make up some Cappellini (angel hair) & meatballs for myself.

I will check back later. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Last edited by kelsie; 04-18-2009 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-18-2009, 02:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
DH is out at his Barnes and Noble weekly trip, so I'm on my own. Took the rest of the roast beast, cut it up into chunks, took some fingerling potatoes we had hanging around and fried them up in some EVOO, added the beef and....voila! Hash. With a margarita and canned pears for dessert. I had to have something sweet and that was the healthiest thing I could think of.

Take care, all.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:02 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Busy day here today - sitting down for a bit of a rest.

We spent the morning at the first outdoor Farmers' Market of the year, which is always one of the highlights of our spring, and it was just a perfect, perfect day for it: sunny, upper 60s or low 70s, absolutely gorgeous. Lots of other folks had the same idea we did, which meant that the usual stroll around the Capitol Square became more of a shuffle-pause-shuffle, but the people-watching opportunities were fabulous. We came home with the first ramps of spring - hallelujah! - and cheese and meat, so it was a good first week's haul. Afternoon has been occupied by some much-needed and oft-delayed housecleaning, and the house looks much better now.

Spouse has got a pot of charo beans started for supper, to go with the green enchiladas that he's planning. Should be a good, spicy supper, and very filling.

We still have most of the Brownies of Doom left, Lacey, the woman who baked them said that under no circumstances should a person eat more than two in an evening. I can see why... I could feel my heart pounding after just one of them. She said that they freeze well, so we may take the other sealed up box and put it in the freezer for a while. Our son is coming home for a couple of days next weekend, and I'm sure he'll enjoy them, too.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:09 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
You know, MWBW, maybe a few of us here on the food forum should taste test these brownies, make sure that the baker lady isn't conning you. I'd be more than happy to offer my assistance, since we are dear friends and all.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:10 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Never got to make the soft shell tacos last night... belly in a rumble... cooked a frozen pizza.... artichoke, sweet red pepper, and black olives. It was really good! But for some reason, my tummy did not appreciate anything I did yesterday and I paid for it all night and all day today. I haven't dared to put anything solid in me... just 2 yogurts... but thinking now, I've got to get something in there so I can take that dang Biaxin which eats holes in your gullet if you're not careful. What a predictament! Ugh!

So... tonight it's the taco business for sure. Then the meds.

Happy Birthday Cyn! Hope your luncheon was wonderful!

Old 04-18-2009, 03:10 PM

893 posts, read 1,580,248 times
Porterhouse steak!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink