Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 AM

50,396 posts, read 64,106,567 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that all the chefs with new shows are all losers on Top Chef and other competition shows?
Makes me want to slap around the entire Food Network.
While we are led to believe that all these aspiring chefs are competing for a chance at a cooking show, in reality they were most likely ALL on the payroll already. I feel ripped off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that all the chefs with new shows are all losers on Top Chef and other competition shows?
Makes me want to slap around the entire Food Network.
While we are led to believe that all these aspiring chefs are competing for a chance at a cooking show, in reality they were most likely ALL on the payroll already. I feel ripped off.
I don't really agree with you about aleady on the payroll. I also think it is intereting, unless I missed something, the winner this past fall of the Future Food Network star competition seems to have disappeared. In past years they have had a 4 or 5 week pilot and then join the ranks the beginning of the following year. I haven't seen a word about him...

Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,890,988 times
Any one (or all ) that comes off as:

self-important
pompous
condescending

Is there a chef left who does NOT get a slap???

Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM

206 posts, read 269,376 times
Hate most of them. The EVOO chick, the overpronouncer of italian words, the black couple, all terrible. I like the Hell's Kitchen guy and the one that gets all sciency.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,654,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Any one (or all ) that comes off as:

self-important
pompous
condescending

Is there a chef left who does NOT get a slap???
Aarti Sequeira and Ree Drummond don't. They're just real people cooking real food. Neither are putting on a personality or attitude. They're both exactly who they've been for years on their blog or YouTube channel. Aarti really is that silly and animated. It's how her passion for cooking comes out. I'm happy for her success but I wish she was still making YouTube videos from home. They were always fun and she developed a close community of subscribers. Same with Ree on her blog.

I like your list and I agree with you for the most part. Those qualities would get almost any chef slapped. Chefs tend to have huge egos and attitudes. Even the classic TV chefs of old like Julia Child would get a slap based on those qualities.

Truth be told, I don't really want Guy Fieri (or anyone) "slapped." I wish the original title of this thread was worded differently. I just want Guy removed from the public eye forever. He truly turns my stomach.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,302 times
I am so tired and sick of GIADA and her family...Jade this ....Jadie that....ugh...she is still so phony and artificial. Get rid of her...Food Network...we don't need to see her home, her family.. etc. anymore. Besides, we all had enough of Italian cooking over and over again. Please fire her!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,150,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debritch View Post
I am so tired and sick of GIADA and her family...Jade this ....Jadie that....ugh...she is still so phony and artificial. Get rid of her...Food Network...we don't need to see her home, her family.. etc. anymore. Besides, we all had enough of Italian cooking over and over again. Please fire her!
I haven't nearly had enough of Italian cooking; speak for yourself - not others.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,563,354 times
I didn't used to like Giada, then I met her by chance and she is so nice. She really seems genuine.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,190,447 times
The only chef I love to watch is Gordon Ramsay....he looks delicious Oh & also Jamie Oliver- yum

My list of chefs I can't stand & wouldn't mind smacking:

Rachael Ray- (how the Hell did she even qualify to get a show??)
Giada- she'll probably pose for Playboy one day
Bobby Flay, I can't stand him
Sandra Lee
The Neely's
The Deen Brothers-- so extremely talentless & riding on their Mama's coattails

Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 AM

271 posts, read 601,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't really agree with you about aleady on the payroll. I also think it is intereting, unless I missed something, the winner this past fall of the Future Food Network star competition seems to have disappeared. In past years they have had a 4 or 5 week pilot and then join the ranks the beginning of the following year. I haven't seen a word about him...
That's Justin Warner who won Food Network Star. His show starts this Saturday (3/30) at 10:00 pm, it's called Rebel Eats. I am looking forward to watching it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink