Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:51 PM

127 posts, read 312,178 times

Advertisements

I can't stand coffee. I hate the smell and the taste! As a matter of fact I can't eat anything even remotely coffee flavored. I drink iced tea, once in a while hot tea. My dad is the same way, but my mom is addicted to coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 06:25 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,790 times
I tried coffee a couple of times, but I'd get an intense headache about halfway through the cup, so I decided it's not for me. I'm a confirmed tea drinker, with or without sugar.

My husband used to just prefer tea, until he switched jobs years ago. There was always a pot of coffee brewing there, but no tea was available, so he switched. After years of coffee drinking he got to the point, when on days at home, he'd drink 2 or 3 pots of coffee during the morning and early afternoon, then most of a half gallon pitcher of iced tea the rest of the day.
About a year ago he suddenly decided all that coffee might be bad for him, and switched back to tea all day.

My mother would get a yen for some coffee before she went to bed, and rather than brew some fresh, she'd reheat the stuff that had been sitting in the pot, sometimes since morning.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:03 AM

264 posts, read 444,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If I wanted something hot and bitter, I could still be married.

I like very sweet drinks, and no matter how much sugar I added, I couldn't get coffee sweet enough. So I gave up on it. Don't drink tea either.
I admit that was cute
That said- coffee actually isn't bitter. The only bitter coffee is the coffee that's not prepared properly.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:17 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Coffee and tea are good for you so I drink them both every day. I just don't add any sugar and only a little cream in my coffee. I have a rule: Sweet food: bitter drink. Salty or spicy food: sweet or cold drink. I have maybe 3 or 4 sodas a year, tops. I see people drinking a soda and eating cookies and I cringe.
Clover Farms Icy Tea is the only sweet tea I drink. Its called liquid crack for a reason.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:41 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
I drink one large (10 oz.) coffee every morning with a shot of Mud Slide in it instead of sugar and cream. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! If I'm in a restaurant and can't have the Mud Slide, I drink it with cream.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:46 AM

267 posts, read 1,361,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Coffee and tea are good for you so I drink them both every day. I just don't add any sugar and only a little cream in my coffee. I have a rule: Sweet food: bitter drink. Salty or spicy food: sweet or cold drink. I have maybe 3 or 4 sodas a year, tops. I see people drinking a soda and eating cookies and I cringe.
Clover Farms Icy Tea is the only sweet tea I drink. Its called liquid crack for a reason.
Sodas are on the way out now as very very few people drink them unless its a novelty thing ( EG: Pepsi Throwback ) since people today when they think sodas they think "instant-fat". Even the fast food places are cutting back on sodas in favor of those energy drinks, teas and flavored coffee such as McDonalds with their McCafe for example and Arbys I heard recently had made a deal with Rockstar energy drinks to begin that chain's phaseout against offering Coke and/or Pepsi products. All for the benefit of one's health they say but I still don't see how a Rockstar energy drink is any more "healthy" than say regular Pepsi but that is for a different thread.

Me..I can drink tea but not in a can for some reason. Coffee..never really got into that.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:46 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
I tried to drink some coffee once, I spit it out and tossed the rest in the trash.
Give me decaf green tea or give me death ! Can't deal with caffeine (or alcohol) anymore being prone to gout and kidney stones.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:52 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
I've drank coffee since I was 10 years old.

I've got a brother who only drinks coffee at holiday gatherings after dinner. I know several people throughout my various workplaces who didn't drink coffee. I love my coffee but if I didn't drink coffee I wouldn't have any bad habits left (except City-Data)!

Old 02-14-2010, 11:43 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,238,175 times
Two large mugs of PG Tips tea with milk and sugar start my day. Never coffee.

A friend's mother had this to say about proper tea preparation:

Milk before sugar means you'll lose your lover!

I always put the sugar in the cup, then the milk, then pour the hot, strong tea into it. Pure bliss!

I could write an ode to tea!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:31 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I used to drink coffee every day. I love the smell but always put a lot of sweetened creamer in it. My husband quit drinking coffee several months ago because he winds up drinking too much of it at work--cups and cups--and then he can't sleep well. I stopped drinking in a few weeks ago because I don't want the extra fat and calories from the creamer. I drink a cup of green tea in the morning instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink