Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your favorite burger restaurant?
McDonald's 4 4.00%
Burger King 9 9.00%
Wendy's 13 13.00%
Smash burger 2 2.00%
Stake 'n Shake 3 3.00%
IN-N-Out (Southwestern states) 21 21.00%
Five Guys 16 16.00%
Shake Shack 1 1.00%
Other 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

for fast chain, Sonic. Love their toaster burger.
Most of the locally owned places make the best burgers since their burgers are fresh, not frozen.

I absolutely refuse to eat Burger King. Back in the 1980s and early 90s they were the king around here. Somewhere along the way they began hiring ghetto ganstas with ghetto attitudes to match their gang tats. Customer service no longer existed. Writing to the corporate offices didn't bring any change. The food quality went down as well since they didn't care. They were there for a check and to sell drugs on the side through the drive thru window. From complaining to corporate offices, I've received a coupon for a free meal. I gave the coupon to a homeless man begging on the street rather than eat there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Fast food chain: Culver's.
Chain, but not quite fast food: Fuddrucker's. At least the offer different types of meats such as ostrich and have a variety of toppings to choose from.

When I was in high school: Jack-in-the-Box Ultimate Cheeseburger, Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger, Burger King Whooper. I wouldn't eat that stuff now, but I do have a few clone recipes so I can make this garbage at home with half the guilt.

I seem to be the only person in the US who thinks that In and Out Burger is cr*p. Seriously, what is with all the hype? They are not that good.
Yup, I think you are. lol No microwaves, no heatlamps, no freezers. Everything is fresh made, the cheese is melted perfectly and the buns are toasted just right (unlike 5 guys). I was in LA a few weeks ago on business and brought my dad with me, he's owned restaurants for many years over the last 40 years and he loooved In-n-Out. But hey, to each his own, that's why I started this thread.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:32 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,423,197 times
Five Guys
In-N-Out
Smashburger
Jack-in-the-Box

Honorable Mention: Krystal (I just love the little burgers).

Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Yup, I think you are. lol No microwaves, no heatlamps, no freezers. Everything is fresh made, the cheese is melted perfectly and the buns are toasted just right (unlike 5 guys). I was in LA a few weeks ago on business and brought my dad with me, he's owned restaurants for many years over the last 40 years and he loooved In-n-Out. But hey, to each his own, that's why I started this thread.
Well, I just do not think that they taste that good.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Well, I just do not think that they taste that good.
You're not the only one. I tried In-And-Out once and while they were OK, I just didn't see what the hype was all about.
I am partial to Hardee's flame broiled burgers, plus a local chain here in the Seattle area, Red Mill Burgers, which make a great bacon and blue cheese burger.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Sonic. Supersonic Jalapeno Cheeseburger hands down.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
You're not the only one. I tried In-And-Out once and while they were OK, I just didn't see what the hype was all about.
I am partial to Hardee's flame broiled burgers, plus a local chain here in the Seattle area, Red Mill Burgers, which make a great bacon and blue cheese burger.
Glad to know that I am not the only.

Do they have Hardee's in Washington? When I first moved to Minneapolis, I noticed that the Hardee's 'Happy Star' logo is the exact same thing as the Carl's Jr. 'Happy Star' logo. Then I noticed that their menu is also very similar. In essence, they appear to be the same chain, but with different names. Strange. Some Hardee's even have a 'Red Burrito' attached, similar to the 'Green Burrito' found at Carl's Jr.

*Note, I just wiki'd the situation. Turns out Hardee's was bought by the parent company of Carl's Jr. in 1997. Odd that they would still operate under different names, although some Hardee's have been rebranded as Carl's Jr.

Last edited by K-Luv; 03-18-2010 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: for the magic of Google

Old 03-18-2010, 10:00 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Bobby's Burger Palace

Finally went after hearing everyone rave about it--and they were right!

Bobby's Burger Palace: Bobby Flay's Fast Casual Burger Concept

Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times
Crack-in-a-Box, In/Out, and Red Robin's (and in that order)

Old 03-20-2010, 06:40 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Bobby's Burger Palace

Finally went after hearing everyone rave about it--and they were right!

Bobby's Burger Palace: Bobby Flay's Fast Casual Burger Concept
They're in Mohegan Sun, I'll visit next time I'm there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink