Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,404,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Who said anything about that? Keep reaching.
Why is it that a few people who don't like a certain car think that nobody else should like that car?

Here is my advise, You don't like an 800 HP Mustang don't buy one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 01:05 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,893,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
You quote him for what? So you can post this, a one of one car at an auction?
**Modern Mustangs are not exclusive and adding some go fast bits won't change that. I see the same shape multiple times everyday and frankly spending more than $80k on something that looks very similar to something costing $22k is a bit insulting unless you're the biggest Mustang fanatic.**

was his quote and that was my answer. try to follow along..

Old 04-10-2011, 06:40 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,117,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
**Modern Mustangs are not exclusive and adding some go fast bits won't change that. I see the same shape multiple times everyday and frankly spending more than $80k on something that looks very similar to something costing $22k is a bit insulting unless you're the biggest Mustang fanatic.**

was his quote and that was my answer. try to follow along..
They aren't exclusive, your link didn't magically change reality. I like the cars, I think the current GT is a great buy (might actually buy one in a a year or two, its on my list) but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I'm driving anything particularly special.

I dearly enjoy driving my G35, it's one of the best cars I've owned for various reasons, but it's a common car. If a tuner put a carbon fiber hood, some nice wheels, and a turbo kit on one I wouldn't suddenly claim that it's the child of Jesus. Anyone with the right cash flow can build one of these (in fact there are plenty of turbo G35's running around) and although the performance is impressive it doesn't make the car particularly special.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,245,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
When I read

"As an added incentive Ford through in some extras" I wanted to dismiss the rest of the article. It's pathetic that a mistake like that was committed by the writer and got past the editors.

In any event, that car is a one off and as such doesn't suggest what the rest of the Mustang market will bear. Can anyone explain why a new Mustang gets that kind of money? Rational replies only, please.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:23 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,146,430 times
I dont dislike stangs but because they have made like 100 million of them they just arent that special no mater what kind of engine gizmo is in it. I guess you could put a jet engine in one and people would buy it,but it will still be a stang.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 PM

14,188 posts, read 22,774,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Most of them are V6's driven by chicks who don't know what a drag strip is (at least in my area). The new GT's are definitely a force to be reckoned with however.
I hear that you can mess around with trannies at the drag strip.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,775,368 times
Mustangs in general might not be special but anything with 800 HP is special.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,726,673 times
Mustangs like that are special and command a premium, because Mustangs are on the most popular iconic American cars around. Ford/Shelby doesn't build these to make other people take notice, they build them because there are thousands of Mustang faithful who are more than happy to line up and buy one. Same thing with Corvettes.

Criticizing the Super Snake for looking like any other Mustang is like criticizing a ZR1 for looking like a Corvette. By that logic slapping a blower on a C6 turns it into a ZR1. Of course, that isn't the case, but I don't understand why most would give the Vette a pass and not the Super Snake.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
When I read

"As an added incentive Ford through in some extras" I wanted to dismiss the rest of the article. It's pathetic that a mistake like that was committed by the writer and got past the editors.

In any event, that car is a one off and as such doesn't suggest what the rest of the Mustang market will bear. Can anyone explain why a new Mustang gets that kind of money? Rational replies only, please.
There in no explanation why some people will pay or over pay for certain cars.
The other day somebody at Barrett Jackson paid 80K for a Clone 60's Shelby Mustang. A clone, not a real Shelby, what were they thinking?

I personally know people who are paying over 100K for Shelby Cobra clones/replicas.

The 80K 800 HP Mustang is a special Mustang and there will always be guys willing to spend that kind of money.
When the buyers go away they will stop building them.

Lucky for you nobody is forcing you to buy one and since it is not your money what do you care what somebody else spends?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:38 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,343,933 times
dang another car for my supercar wishlist
so
1. corvette ZR-1
2. mustang GT500KR King Cobra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln