Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2024, 10:58 PM
Status: "Mike Johnson stand your ground" (set 23 hours ago)

939 posts, read 1,227,773 times

Advertisements

Home ownership has been the American Dream for as long as I can remember. Forced sales are about to rise in most states. It's pitiful but laxity in qualifying more than likely is as much to blame as lost income or bad financial management.
The last bout with this problem had challenged the banking industry. The mortgage bankers and private industry developed a way to cope being forewarned is truly be Forarmed. Here's some concerns.
Let's say the bulk of mortgages are according to guidelines presented by FHA, VA, FNMA, FHLMC and private lenders. It is a misfortune to lose a home but most of these agencies would offer these properties on a 10 day look to allow citizens rather than investors to share in home ownership at an adjusted probably more realistic price they can afford.
I sense this opportunity is being abused investors scarfng up these opportunities many turned into very lucrative profit centers.
As in some post there will be those very affluent saying: "So What" well I say the day we all become answerable to landlords and not be a homeowner I see a decline in productivity, pride and motivation. We will become Orvilles Animal Farm.
Conduct more investigations into whether the American Dream is dealt fairly or has the new deal favored the wealthy and isolated the opportunities for making a bad situation at least a little offset by allowing another family an opportunity to buy a home rather than unfair advantage to flippers and Investors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs