Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:20 PM

25 posts, read 40,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I heard about people throwing concrete through the toilet so overtime you have to break open the foundation to have it repaired...

I was in a short sale home and the owners were there when it was showed and it felt unconfortable to have them there....music was on so loud and an old lady was sitting on a bed in not the most lady like way....and the floor was covered in coffee spills like they had made a path to find the kitchen back....horrible to destroy and try to prevent the home from selling. If you can't afford it at least behave like the day you got the mortgage loan. This should be punished, like the 406 who were arrested in the mortgage fraud operation, last week.

Wow! This has become a nation of degenerates. Even animals behave better.

I recommend that people look into a movie called Idiocracy, and realize we are not too far off from it being like that not in 500 years but in the next 10 at the most. Maybe part of the problem is that there are too many people in the world, and there is an issue with degeneration of the brain. I find that US is in trouble! There will be many tragedies and much devastation in our near future. People are going to get angrier and stupider, there will be a high elevation in crime also all over.

The homes in foreclosure that are being destroyed by low life vermin, is just the beginning of this societies problems we will face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:59 PM

410 posts, read 1,682,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango4all View Post
Wow! This has become a nation of degenerates. Even animals behave better.

I recommend that people look into a movie called Idiocracy, and realize we are not too far off from it being like that not in 500 years but in the next 10 at the most.
Tango... watched Idiocracy with the kids... scary... we do seem to be moving rapidly in that direction.

Sunny

Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post

Question I have, does this happen in every down RE cycle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
Our prisons are full of people who don't think logically about the consequences to their behaviors.
Generally speaking this does not happen in every down RE cycle. But then again, we have never had a cycle of so many homes being occupied ( I refuse to call it ownership) by people who had no skin in the game.

So many do not even have the equivelent of a security deposit on the line.

It is too costly to prosecute and so there are no consequences.

This should scare everyone.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 PM

410 posts, read 1,682,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Generally speaking this does not happen in every down RE cycle. But then again, we have never had a cycle of so many homes being occupied ( I refuse to call it ownership) by people who had no skin in the game.

So many do not even have the equivelent of a security deposit on the line.

It is too costly to prosecute and so there are no consequences.

This should scare everyone.
MA-Mom... they are using a "cash for key's" incentive here. If the homeowners leave the home in broom out condition... they are actually giving them money. Sad you have to pay someone not to destroy what used to be their home.

Sunny

Old 11-11-2008, 03:50 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,063,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango4all View Post
I recommend that people look into a movie called Idiocracy, and realize we are not too far off from it being like that not in 500 years but in the next 10 at the most.
Although Idiocracy was a dumb movie, it had an excellent, profound premise. In fact, it was the best "idiot" movie of the year in those regards (and not Borat).

I'd love to see the premise--dysgenics--the notion that smart people will have few children and that dumb people will have lots of children leading to an degradation of the gene pool over time--used in a first rate movie. The idea of someone waking up 500 years later in an idiot society isn't such a bad idea; they just need a good story and a good script. Perhaps a movie based on the short story The Marching Morons (which may have been the inspiration for Idiocracy) should be made.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I saw a similar property as I have bought this year (short sale) and this proeprty was just bankowned and not cleaned yet. There were a few holes, broken window (which the bank will repair, due to the fact that the HOA doesn't allow that not to be fixed a.s.a.p.) , all carpet has to be replaced, the place was very dirty, walls need to be painted. This proeprty had no upgrades and very ugly looking cabinets, no ceiling fans and all the fire alarm units were taken off and even the front door needed to be fixed.

The price the bank is asking sounds reasonable but if you have to spend $ 15 K or more to make it able for a tenant to move in than the price is still too high since than we are already over what I paid for my proeprty months ago and with values gone down and with my property having many upgrades, this isn't even a good deal.

The realtor told me that most people (investors calling) were offering $ 50 K which is not even reasonable to even discuss any further, but with home owners destroying and leaving houses the way they do, the prices have to be more reasonable before new buyer will come in with a fair offer.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM

718 posts, read 2,079,108 times
No more pride of ownership...no pride in the clothes you wear...no pride in how you speak....maybe starts from the top down. It used to be that you cared about your reputation as a human being...that you paid your bills...that you went to church....that your children were neat, clean and respectful....that you took care of your home as good as you could....that people spoke well of you....that you didn't get second and third notices regarding your bills. No one seems to care.....no pride in anything and those that still abide by the rules of proper behavior are ridiculed. Sad.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I think the damage should be filed on to get a judgement and then they would have a hardtime getting another loan with that on thier record.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,743 times
I almost feel people like that should have their names printed in the local newspapers with a description of all the damage they have done. Considering I have heard of not only damage but just plain nastiness like poop smeared on walls and what not I would think it would be pretty embarrasing to have my neighbors and others in the area know what a nasty dirtbag I was. But maybe that's just me.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I almost feel people like that should have their names printed in the local newspapers with a description of all the damage they have done. Considering I have heard of not only damage but just plain nastiness like poop smeared on walls and what not I would think it would be pretty embarrasing to have my neighbors and others in the area know what a nasty dirtbag I was. But maybe that's just me.

Perhaps that's because you are a decent person, who takes responsibility for their actions & feels others should do the same. Not everyone feels the same way, and I'm sure you've read a post or two on this very forum from people who say that the banks/mortgage lenders/investors are just getting what's due to them. After all, they lent money to people who otherwise would have had no way to buy a house. They should have known better, right?

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 11-11-2008 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: Typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs